New Traveler
jonnydee1

no gps signal fix

rec'd email informing me of glitch in software, and steps to address same. several hours of frustration later i am now resorting to posting this. i have windows 7 os, and tomtom 1530/1535. when i open tomtom, it informs me of 2 new items available for down load. when i access details nothing comes up on the page. in the lower left screen of gps is an icon indicating correct intrefacing of pc and gps.

attempted to install tomtom version 2.8 interface. the screen shot tells me that on the unit it should indicate a yes in lower right screen. howewer that never shows up, and althoguh i stiil see the computer icon on the gps unit, it says that it is not connected. (i have disabled the firewall to no avail).

instructions given in email tell me to go to tomtom.getstarted.com. i have done that several times noew . all yielding the same results. i hav uninstalled version 2.8 since even though i can see on the unit that it is connected, it keeps telling me it isn't connected.

it's more thanfrustrating that A) i can not use the unit anymore due to the fact it can not find a signal. B) that there is no one to talk to for technical support.

i am hoping that some one somewhere outhere ahs experienced a similar situation and can assist me, or that perhaps some one from tom tom may read this and be able to supply some help.

thanx

jaydee1

Message 1 of 2 (220 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,399
Solutions: 554

Re: no gps signal fix

You need MyTomTom, not TomTom HOME. 2.8 is TT HOME, MyTT is 3.1.0.530.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 2 (215 Views)
Please use plain text.