Apprentice Explorer
shaz92

how do i know my tomtom start 20 is charging?

Hey well i've had my tomtom for about 2 weeks now and just wanna know i find out if its fully charged or how much charge it has on it??? can anybody help with the matter... very important as im off to uni soon =( x

Message 1 of 30 (22,198 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,599
Solutions: 320

Re: how do i know my tomtom start 20 is charging?

Hi shaz92,

usually you can see to which level your device is charged by tapping onto your display where you see all the information about your route.

During charging process there is no other sign to see the charge your batterie holds at the moment. Some devices only have a green light beside the USB socket that is illuminated if the device is connected to a power source.

Regards
Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 30 (22,197 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
hambledon

If you are running on the internal battery, a battery icon shows on the bottom left of the screen - level shown might not be reliable though.

When you plug the car charger into the car cigar lighter socket, "charging" appears briefly and the green LED on the charger glows. The battery icon disappears - assuming of course you have turned the ignition on!

Message 3 of 30 (22,193 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
shaz92

thank u very much oo ok i may have been missing the charging sign.. thanks a lot =) 

Message 4 of 30 (22,184 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
prensesjulia

Re: how do I know my tomtom start 20 is charging?

I too cannot tell if my TomTom Start 20 is charging :smileysad:

I was using it earlier today, and halfway to my destination it just switched off.  I ended up using the same cable, and running the GPS maps system on my phone instead, so I know the cable works...

There is no constant battery icon on the screen, nor is there a LED by the charger socket.  It does say "charging battery" when first plugged in, but that's it.  Is there a way so I can see how much charge it has on it?

Message 5 of 30 (22,124 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1

Hi Julia,

as already posted before in this topic you should see the battery status displayed by tapping on your screen if your device is being charged. If not connected to a power source the battery symbol should be visible in the bottom left corner of your display.

Lupus1 wrote:

Hi shaz92,

usually you can see to which level your device is charged by tapping onto your display where you see all the information about your route.

During charging process there is no other sign to see the charge your batterie holds at the moment. Some devices only have a green light beside the USB socket that is illuminated if the device is connected to a power source.

Regards
Lars.

Please charge your device completely when at home via the computer. Leave your device turned off but connected via USB to your computer. Let it charge for up to 4 hours as it should then be fully charged. Afterwards try again using your device with your car charger. Also never discharge your device completely.

Your battery will also loose its charge when you're not using it for a longer period. Usually your battery will be nearly discharged after not using and not charging it for 2-3 weeks. Therefore and to get updates I connect my device once a week to my computer and leave it there for at least 2 hours to recharge.

Regards

Lars.

TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 30 (22,113 Views)
Please use plain text.
PJ7
Novice Explorer
PJ7

Hi, I've just bought a Start 20, plugged it in & nothing is happening. Switching it on/off at the back doesn't do anything. What do I need to do to make it work? It is plugged into the laptop via a USB....

Thanks!

Message 7 of 30 (22,061 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1

Hi there,

you'll need the MyTomTom application and not TT Home. Please also keep in mind that if you've already used your existing account with another device you'll have to create a new account with a new e-mail-address for your new device. Please follow the link below to get the MyTT application:

http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted

Just some information concerning MyTT as there are some problems known:

• Set Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as default browser.
  • Download and install the MyTT application using the linke provided above.
  • Make sure your MyTT application is allowed to fully access the internet and isn't blocked by any antivirus or firewall software.
  • Connect your device to your computer.
  • Install your available updates. If there is an update for the application installed on your device available please download and install this first without the other updates.
  • If there are still some problems, change your port settings for MyTT from port 4000 to i.e. 4001 or 5000.

Regards

Lars.

TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

Message 8 of 30 (22,055 Views)
Please use plain text.
PJ7
Novice Explorer
PJ7

Thanks!
Message 9 of 30 (22,052 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
prensesjulia

Thanks for that, but the battery symbol does not stay on the screen when the tomtom is plugged into the wall or the car, nor does it show up when my start 20 is plugged into the computer (although there is a small computer logo)

This is the only complaint I have about this device is absence of a constant battery logo (like the ones found on mobile phones would be incredibly useful)

Message 10 of 30 (21,984 Views)
Please use plain text.