Neophyte Traveler
russbelluk

You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-219

Hi, I have just bought a TomTom Via 110 and performing all the software updates worked fine. I have tried to do the map update that MyTomTom said was available. It has downloaded andinstalled to the device. Now it says 'You cannot use this map with this device: Europe-219'.

I believe it maybe a meta file problem from past experiences with TomTom devices. But as I cannot access it from windows i cannot do a thing with it. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (977 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,047
Solutions: 222

Re: You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-219

[ Edited ]

Try a system reset:

• Press and hold the power button untill you hear a drum roll sound;
  • Wait for the navigation system to reboot itself;
  • No settings are lost except the time of the clock which automaticly synchronize with the satellites;

Did you have the TomTom Home software installed before installing the myTomTom software?

It might be possible that myTomTom is using the same folder to store the downloads before installing them to the system.

• Right click on the myTomTom icon in the system tray;
  • Go to the third tab from the left 'Cache';
  • Click on the button 'Clear Cache';
  • Click on save settings;

myTomTom should offer the map update from latest map guarantee, otherwise connect the navigation system and the map should be offered to download.

Its possible to download the map first to the computer or any other updates, the updates are being installed the next time the navigation device is connected to the computer with myTomTom running in the system tray.

Message 2 of 4 (961 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
russbelluk

I have TomTom Home installed, but it's not used with my device.

I have tried a system reset, but that didn't work.

I've cleared the cache and will download it first, then connect the device to pc and install it that way.

Thanks

Russ

Message 3 of 4 (951 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
russbelluk

Just tried the methods suggersted and it has updated the map, but not activated the map as its still saying I cannot use this map with this device. Why oh why TomTom didn't you just make the device compatible with TT Home rather than releasing something that don't work!!

Looks like I'll be going back to the shop and getting the Garmin one instead!!

Message 4 of 4 (940 Views)
Please use plain text.