Apprentice Explorer
ChristoWessels
Accepted Solution

Waiting for valid GPS Signal

Hi everyone my tom tom go live 1000 started acting up , can't pin point position , tried resetting , software updates and nothing works . is there something else i need to do to fix this ?

Message 1 of 65 (15,462 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Trailblazer
martin86

Re: Waiting for valid GPS Signal

Try this .........

Conect the Go to your computer and use Explorer to browse the contents of the TomTom memory (it will show up as a new drive).

Delete anything in the "ephem" folder on the unit. (Leave the folder itself alone)

Then, on your PC itself, go to:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris \
and delete anything found in there (probably several sub-folders - delete them all)

Run TomTom "Home" and a new QuickGPSfix file should be offered. Install it.

Disconnect the Go properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon, before unplugging it.

Message 2 of 65 (15,451 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

martin, your advice does NOT work for that model since the user has no access to the file system.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 3 of 65 (15,448 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
ChristoWessels

thanks got it working on a other method

Message 4 of 65 (15,366 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
jim100

I am also having the same problem with my Start 20.  I have to perform a restart every time my device is closed down.

I need to update my version from 3.1.0.530 to the latest but when I use MyTomTom it tells me my device is up to date I have contacted support several times but this issue is still not resolved. I have tried everything recommended. But no joy. I think I have now been deserted by the support team having had no reply to my last 2 update on the system.

Please assist.

Regards Jim.

Message 5 of 65 (15,330 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Lordhawhaw

YOU TOM TOM     F..RS .....have jsut spent  hours of my sunday evening ' reasearching' how to fix this,

after getting lost in the a- hole of johannesburg, a foreign city full of murderers and peopel who kill you for a chaep cell phone. I WAS THINKING I WOULD LIKE TO MEET THE MANUFACTUERERS OF TOMTOM AND DROP THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF JHB AT NIGHT...

i am so mad at the manufactueres of this crock of sh1t .    Waiting for valid GPS Signal - appears to be a problem everyone that was fooled into not buying GARMIN.

it is such a common prblem , WHY does TOMTOM not offer PRODUCTIVE, EASY TO FIND S-O-L-U-T-I-O-N-S  ON THEIR WEBSITE , LIKE ON THE FRONT PAGE............ TOM TOM is substandard JUNK....... BUY GARMIN..... 

Message 6 of 65 (14,847 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Lordhawhaw

AND WTF DO I DO TOMORROW WHEN I WANT TO DRIVE SOMEWHERE ,,,, STOP AND ASK DIRECTIONS,,,,???????????????? THAT IS WHEN THEY HIJACK YOU......AND NO THAT DOESNT MEAN TAKE YOUR CAR , THAT MEANS SHOOT YOU AND TAKE YOUR CAR  ,,,,,THANK YOU FOR A USELESS PISECE OF RUBBISH

Message 7 of 65 (14,846 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
obviouslyazian

i have the same problem too but i guess its pretty easy to fix.
so here is my story..
after i bought it and started it up. it went alright. recognized my gps to the satellites right away. but then i parked at my sisters apartment on a private parking underground. after the day. the gps didnt worked. couldn't recognized any of the satellites. put in on for the whole day and searched for satellites on the way back home.
3 days the GPS didn't worked. was planing to take that **bleep** GPS where i bought it ( 2 hours drive)
so i decided then that i wanna try to fix it before i gave up.
same things i have found here and on google search.
( update the GPS, reset to manufacture settings... bla bla bla)
but still aint working....
long story short... i found it how..
i long pressed the off/on button 3 times only. (long pressed while you can hear a drum intro)..
after that. it recognized my GPS while i can only press the on/off button normally.

try that.. if that doesnt work.. take your recite and replace it. software might be damage.
I use GPS, not because i don't know the road.

just for fancy and help others for reviews. :smileyhappy:
Message 8 of 65 (14,837 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Eldar

Hi, I can't open it as a device, will try go using TC but still-as I can c a lot of ppl have same sh1t so I will try to fix it for its sake but sorry-I'll get rid of that sh1t as soon as it get fixed!

Message 9 of 65 (14,809 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Eldar

tnx, it wasnt help but I've had great fum of hearing drums-sounds of hope)
gonna throw that piece of sh1y 2de garbage
Message 10 of 65 (14,799 Views)
Please use plain text.