New Traveler
JCJ3237

Via Demo Screen

Does anybody know how to stop the Store Demo screen? Just got a Via 1530 and was just using it to drive around town and it keeps reverting to demo mode and I have to tap the screen to get a map back.

Message 1 of 10 (2,518 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
BSB

Re: Via Demo Screen

[ Edited ]

Have you set your HOME location and any other setting yet ?

Mine was in demo mode until i set home and language etc.

Dont know which one cleared it though ?

TomTom putting the FUN into DisFUNctional

Android 2.2 (GPS backup)
OTHER BRAND 1490 (Hijacked by XYL)
TT One XLS (old but reliable)
TT VIA 1535 (Under development)

Message 2 of 10 (2,512 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,047
Solutions: 222

Stop the demo mode

• At the navigation screen, tap on the right hand side button below;
  • Tap on 'Detail';
  • Tap on 'Stop routedemo';
Message 3 of 10 (2,500 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
wolfmane

Not Route Demo Mode, it's obvious how to turn that off. It's Store Demo Mode that shows you the features of the device. It comes on a minute or two after you stop interacting with the device and there's absolutely nothing anywhere in the menus to turn it off. There's also nothing in the manuals about it.

Message 4 of 10 (1,961 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

[ Edited ]

Hi

Its been a  while since I had mine Via 120 Live but I think user BSB has something !!! it was something simple like that.

Have you set your HOME location and any other setting yet ?

Mine was in demo mode until i set home and language etc.

Dont know which one cleared it though ?

End Quote

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 5 of 10 (1,946 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

wolfmane wrote:

Not Route Demo Mode, it's obvious how to turn that off. It's Store Demo Mode that shows you the features of the device. It comes on a minute or two after you stop interacting with the device and there's absolutely nothing anywhere in the menus to turn it off. There's also nothing in the manuals about it.

If it is a Nav2 device you are talking about (devices using Home 2) then use Explorer (or Finder if a Mac) and locate the scripts folder on the device. Delete any files found in that folder.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 6 of 10 (1,934 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
wolfmane

Mine is a Via 160, and it doesn't show up in Explorer. In fact, it seems pretty much invisible to my computer. I really don't like the way PNDs are going with locking down their maps and OS's so tightly that it's making it impossible for customers to use their legally bought hardware and data. But the writing's on the wall anyway... they're going to have to shape up or go out of business, with all the free (and more importantly, OPEN) options getting so much better all the time.

Anyway, a "factory reset" seems to have solved the problem for me. I did that before I got this response from TomTom (note that method #2 is impossible, since the device is invisible to the computer):

please follow the below steps to disable the “demo mode” from the unit.

1. In the navigation view (main screen of your device that comes after turning it on), tap the bottom right corner of the status bar.

2. You will be taken to the Status summary screen. In the lower-right corner you will see the current application version. Tap in this area to view device information screen.

3. Double-tap in the upper-right area of this screen to enable or disable demo mode.

4. You will receive a prompt to confirm the request. Tap on yes to disable the demo mode.

If the demo still appears then perform the following:

Repair the Script folder:

1. Connect your device to the computer (tap on ‘yes’ when it prompts)

2. Open the TomTom drive from ‘My computer’.

3. Locate the ‘Scripts’ folder and simply delete it.

4. Safely remove your device from the computer and the demo mode would have been disabled from it.

I would like to inform that, to get back to the navigation screen tap on 'Done' option repeatedly on the TomTom device.

I hope this helps others.

Message 7 of 10 (1,909 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
wolfmane

Actually, neither of the two methods given work with my Via. They are for older devices (for instance, they do work with my Go 720). I guess the only option is the factory reset, which loses all your settings. Thanks, TomTom. :-(
Message 8 of 10 (1,906 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
wolfmane

Actually, method one seems to work if you take into account the differences between the new and old units:

1. In the navigation view (main screen of your device that comes after turning it on), tap in the map area (not on any buttons).
2. In the Main Menu, tap on Settings.
3. Scroll to the menu screen that contains the "Me and my device" button and tap that.
4. Tap "About my device".
5. On the device information screen, double-tap in the upper right area of the screen. There will be no confirmation, but it seems to toggle Demo Mode for me.

Hope this helps.
Message 9 of 10 (1,903 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
seryama

Mine stoped after 2 days, but I had set the home adress, language etc just in the begining

it looks like to be a demo with some days duration.

This is something idiot, tomtom cannot do something that compromise security, by obliging the driver to touch the screen ervery 5 minutes!!!! Nonsense

Message 10 of 10 (371 Views)
Please use plain text.