Apprentice Traveler
MicheleL

Valid GPS signal

I bought the Tom Tom Via 1500 today and thought I was going to love it. I think I would if it was able to find a valid GPS signal. I used to have a small Tom Tom one and absolutely loved it! I am hoping to stay with Tom Tom so if anyone has any ideas or thoughts please share them with me.

Thanks,

Michele

Message 1 of 5 (255 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
blob88

Re: Valid GPS signal

Hey there has been as issue with regards to the leap year and the GPS are not able to pick up a signal. They have a solution you just have to connect your GPS to your computer and it will install the new update. Check the support section of the website.

Message 2 of 5 (240 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
MicheleL

Thanks for the information. I am still having the same problem. I am told there are no new or available downloads for my device. I read that another person is also having the same problem. Hopefully this issue will be corrected so I can keep my GPS.  Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 5 (232 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
blob88

I was having the same problem too. Have you tried holding the power button for 30secs until you hear the drum roll? This resets the device, then leave the GPS outside for 10 mins. It worked for me

Message 4 of 5 (227 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
samdynes

I have had good luck with my Tom Tom - Until yesterday when it was no longer able to find a valid GPS signal.  I went on line to download a free map - Thinking this might fix the problem.  Not only did it not fix it but I now have "NO MAPS" loaded.  I have gone from no GPS to NO Map and no GPS

Need to load new map and have GPS problem fixed

Message 5 of 5 (158 Views)
Please use plain text.