Apprentice Traveler
Gigius

VIA 1500 TM and Traffic

Hi everyone. I bought the VIA 1500 TM with lifetime free map and traffic. In the handbook it lists the parts included in the box and when it comes to the car charger it says car charger with traffic receiver in it.

Well, I go to traffic settings and it telle me that the traffic report is available only when the charger is connected to the TomTom and if it is connected then I need to check on the TomTom web site.

???? maybe a defective unit?

Message 1 of 5 (1,580 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,603
Solutions: 320

Re: VIA 1500 TM and Traffic

Hi Gigius,

do you have the traffic receiver integrated in your car charger (egg-shaped piece of plastic in your charger's cable)?

If yes did you have a look if you get the traffic report when having your device connected to the traffic receiver in your car? The traffic receiver needs to be powered through your car charger to work so it's necessary to turn your car on if you haven't got a car that has a working 12V socket without having your car's motor running.

If you don't get any traffic information while having your device connected to your car charger / TMC antenna while driving you should have a look at your car charger / traffic receiver. If someone you know has a similar charger try getting traffic information with that charger to determine if your charger is broken or just something on your device is not working as it should.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 5 (1,578 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Gigius

Yes I have the egg shaped piece of plastic the wire of the charger. The light of the charger is on and the battery is loading so the charger itself is working.

Unfortunately I know no one with TomTom to try what you suggested :smileysad:

Message 3 of 5 (1,575 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,603
Solutions: 320

Hi Gigius,

usually you can test your device in some electronics shops. Have a look if there's one near you and if they have another traffic receiver for your device that you can use to check if your receiver is still working. If your traffic receiver and your device are working you should find a bar indicating if there are any delays on your route.

Also you might try to reset your device. Sometimes that already helps. Just press and hold the power button until you hear the drum roll. Afterwards restart your device and have a look if that helped. Your settings won't get lost during this procedure.

Another possibility might be a defective TT application installed on your device but I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall the application via MyTT as I only had devices so far connecting via TT Home.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 4 of 5 (1,569 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,047
Solutions: 222

Lupus1 wrote:

Hi Gigius,

Another possibility might be a defective TT application installed on your device but I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall the application via MyTT as I only had devices so far connecting via TT Home.

Regards

Lars.

Currently its not possible to reinstall the navigator App via myTomTom.

Message 5 of 5 (1,564 Views)
Please use plain text.