New Traveler
RaulLeal

Update does not complete

HI,

I have a go live 825. I amtrying to install the updates but it gets stuck at 99% and doe snot complete the update. The message that i should not diconect the device remains both in the web browser and the device screen.

I have reinstalled mydrive and deleted the browser cookies.

I tryed both in eexplorer and firefox.

How can this problem be solved?

Raul

Message 1 of 5 (622 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,301
Solutions: 537

Re: Update does not complete

*Always make sure that you are logged in with the correct account to the MyTomTom site AND application. One device, one account*

- As in IT Crowd: Have you tried to turn the computer off and on again? :smileyhappy:

- Try to disable your antivirus and firewall (or add the MyTT/MyDrive to the exclusion list)
- Use Firefox (or Opera, or Google Chrome)
- Make sure that your computer is not going into stand-by or similar (this shouldn't happen with the latest MyTomTom/MyDrive)
- Clear the cache before each update attempt. Also could do a soft reset before and after the update
- Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player and Java installed
- Make sure you have all the latest updates and hotfixes/patches to your OS
- In case the device looks like hung during the update or the counter stopped, just leave it. Nost probably it will be fine in a few minutes
- Check your network connections, make sure that the TT's network adapter is enabled
- Try to uninstall and re-install the MyTomTom/MyDrive application (best to use Revo Uninstaller to remove)
- Try to use a USB port on the mainboard, rather than a USB hub (desktop PC)
- Try to change the port to 5000 (or 5001) in MyTomTom/MyDrive's settings
- Try to run the MyTomTom/MyDrive app in Windows XP compatibility mode
- Try to run the MyTomTom/MyDrive app as administrator

- In case it is not working with your browser, try other browsers (Opera, Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Don't use any Flash Blocker (check Flash Blocker plug-in in browser)
- Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11 have a built-in flash which can cause trouble

- Any further issue: Try it on another PC, try it with different USB lead...the shorter the better (below steps are Windows specific)
- Whilst the device connected, remove the drivers from the Device Manager (Windows/Control Panel), DELETE the drivers
- Remove the MyTomTom/MyDrive application and run CCLEANER (will remove your history, cookies, etc by default)

- At the moment USB 3 looks like doesn't like TT devices
- Don't use the magnetic mount whilst updating, connect the micro USB directly into the device
- Disable any network monitoring software
- Update one item at a time, don't select all. Best order: NavCore/software - Map - QuickGPSfix - Speed Cams - Map Share Corrections (this is the smallest but longest)

For Windows 8 or 8.1 you can try the below (to make it work with IE10 and IE11):

- always run the MyTT/MyDrive app as administrator (pin it to the task bar, right click, right click again, properties, compatibility setting, tick run as administrator)
- make sure that the Shockwave Flash is enabled in IE add-ons
- add tomtom.com to the compatibility view
- make sure the IE11 is set to open the pages ALWAYS in desktop view (not IE view or don't let IE to decide)

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 5 (595 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Gloren

It is such a shame that Tom Tom just can't get it right. The device is actually better than a Garmin but the software and the updating process is horrible. Tom Tom really needs to revamp their entire software platform to make their product competitive with Garmin.

I have been working to download map updated for over two hours and still the software gets stuck at 99%. Absurd at a 20+ mb/s download speed.

As I said the device is very good, the mounting system pathetic and the software horrible, Tom Tom also needs to concentrate on customer service as their web assistance is very poor.

I am going to disconnect my device after two more hours (that means 4 hours to update the maps) and if the device does not properly run ... it goes in the trash and I go back to Garmin.

Message 3 of 5 (451 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,301
Solutions: 537

They have some issues with the Map Share Correction updates. Nothing to do with your download speed.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 4 of 5 (446 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

[ Edited ]

Hi

@Gloren 

Some users are having problems with Mapshare files at the moment.

The Mapshare update is taking a long time to install, Tomtom are tying to fix this.

See :-  Tomtom Post  

Link to an earlier post :- Download Times

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)
Please use plain text.