Neophyte Explorer
Roymoon

Tomtom here are Simple suggestions to fix the 2535TM WTE

1. Increase or eliminate the 50-mile limit for POI’s. You can be farther than 50 miles from the nearest gas station in the southwest US.
  2. Increase or eliminate the 96 items limit for the POI’s. You don’t realize how many hotdog stands and McDonalds you can run through before you get to real restaurants in major cities.
  3. Have the POI categories be “list able” with Voice Command. You allow us to see our favorites in a list, why not a POI category?
  4. .Have the voice command return to “Say a Command” after it finishes the previous command. Unless it’s a “Navigate to” command. Many times upping the volume/brightness one notch is not enough. We shouldn’t have to press the VC button a second or third time just to get two or three jumps. 
Message 1 of 9 (652 Views)
Please use plain text.
jonstrong
Topics: 20
Kudos: 193
Solutions: 5

Re: Tomtom here are Simple suggestions to fix the 2535TM WTE

Excellent points -- the loudness comment in particular brought to mind my own experiences raising / lowering the volume. I'd DEFINITELY like the option to have the device let me speak a second command after the first is done, without having to tap the screen again for a prompt.

- Jon

TomTom Go Live 2535M
Message 2 of 9 (631 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
Exalted Navigator
Kex

[ Edited ]

I think zoom and loudness should offer a list of six options, like many of the other functions. The device already operates very well with these lists, where you just say the number in the list for the desired result (this information is for those that don't have a GO 2535 but are still curious, not you guys that already know this, of course):

For Zoom

1 = 25% zoom (zoom far out)

2 = 50% zoom

3 = 75% zoom

4 = 100% zoom (no zoom)

5 = 150% zoom (zoom in)

6 = 200% zoom (zoom far in)

This scale would depend on what levels are available on the device manually, but a second screen could be added if needed using the "Next" command that already works for phone number listings.

For Volume

1 = 50% volume (very soft)

2 = 60%

3 = 70 %

4 = 80%

5 = 90%

6 = 100% (full volume)

I don't think there's a need for lower than 50% volume, or a second screen, since it's already too soft at that level for everyone but Superman, (and I don't mind since I can use my unique mental abilities to filter sounds out when I need to rescue a human from certain death).

______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ _____ ______ ______
TomTom XL 340S LIVE & XL 340TM (RDS-TMC) & GO LIVE 2535M - in daily L.A. Traffic
Message 3 of 9 (626 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Roymoon

But returning to the start would only involve changing one line of code. Instead of 'exit' change to  goto 'start' (so to speak). I would expect this to be the easiest of changes to make. With little chance of side effects.

Come on Tomtom throw us a bone here. I'll give you a better review after my vacation. I promise!

Message 4 of 9 (618 Views)
Please use plain text.
jonstrong

Roymoon wrote:

But returning to the start would only involve changing one line of code. Instead of 'exit' change to  goto 'start' (so to speak). I would expect this to be the easiest of changes to make. With little chance of side effects.

Of course we hope their software developers wouldn't actually USE a "goto"... that would be a bad sign indeed!

- Jon

TomTom Go Live 2535M
Message 5 of 9 (579 Views)
Please use plain text.
jonstrong

ozzieblr wrote:

A word of advice: don't hold your breath waiting for anything from TomTom. Unless there is a compelling reason to keep your unit, I would suggest you return it and insist on a full refund. If TomTom got an avalanche of returned units which have been falsely advertised and which are unfit for purpose, they just might start to get the message. They surely aren't getting it yet, even from their own 'support' forums.

I understand your frustration -- suffered through a few products that delivered much less than they offered. I've only had the 2535 M Live for a couple of months, and I'd like downloadable voices, themes, car icons, etc -- but I guess it hasn't been so long that I'm especially upset yet.

I don't mean to minimize or discount other folks' frustrations in general...and I wouldnt' want to encourage TomTom to continue being lax about living up to promises. BUT... even with its shortcomings and unimplemented features, the 2535 M Live has been a spectacular device for me. Very usable, incredibly fast route calc, best traffic (Live) and roadway intelligence (IQ Routes) and several other features that I've grown to like quite a bit. I'd be disappointed if TomTom never honored their original claims -- but in the end, even in its current state, this is the best GPS I've used to date - period. I would be disappointed to have to switch back to Garmin right now.

So..yes...I understand why so many are annoyed, but in my case, I'd be hurting myself more than TomTom if I were to "make a stand" and get rid of my 2535 M Live. I just don't know another GPS experience that I'd like as much as this one.

- Jon

TomTom Go Live 2535M
Message 6 of 9 (578 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
Khun_Tilt

ozzieblr wrote:

A word of advice: don't hold your breath waiting for anything from TomTom. Unless there is a compelling reason to keep your unit, I would suggest you return it and insist on a full refund. If TomTom got an avalanche of returned units which have been falsely advertised and which are unfit for purpose, they just might start to get the message. They surely aren't getting it yet, even from their own 'support' forums.

Returned my GO1000 to D!ck Smith Electronics an hour ago. Store keeper didn't hesitate to give a full refund. Said they had received loads of returns for the GO (for Navman MY series too, by the way - even more so). Could explain why DSE have dropped the price so much. I only paid A$235 for my GO1000. Should have realised it was too good to be true.

Message 7 of 9 (557 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
SoCal

[ Edited ]

yup, returning mine too.  

i agree with jonstrong, alot of good things about the 2535 live, especially the hd traffic/IQ routes, but the bad outweighs the good for me.  as mentioned in my previous post "frustrations with the 2535 live", what is most troubling to me is that it does not list the address of your destination in the POI, favorites, or recent destinations.  so, you don't know the address you are going to, and you may not know you are headed to the wrong location/address.   for example, it's most troublesome with regard to recent destinations list.  if you have gone to two starbucks recently, it just lists "starbucks" for each one and you can't distinguish between the two.  it won't list the address of either, so you won't know which starbucks you are choosing, and you may very well end up at the wrong location.  what's even more annoying about the recent destinations list is that it won't even show you the location on the map (let alone, show you the address) and allow you to confirm the correct destination (unlike how it does with the POI or favorite, where it does at least show you the destination on the map, and then asks you to confirm that it is indeed the destination you want).  instead, on the recent destinations list, it immediately calculates the route and immediately starts taking you to the unverified destination without asking you to verify that you even chose the correct starbucks between the two on the list, in this instance.  so if you go to two recent starbucks, you won't know if you have selected the correct "recent", as it doesn't allow you to verify either the address or its location on the map.  so you won't know that you have chosen the correct "recent" until you start taking the route.  the alternative is to go thru the tedious menu system and then go thru the directions line by line to see if you selected the correct "recent", but obviously, that is very annoying.

hasn't anyone at tomtom tested these things for its usability before they roll it out???

with regard to the POI and favorites, tomtom has decided not to list the street address but instead decides to use it's precious and limited memory to list the URL/web address.  ummmm...what good is that?  that makes absolutely no sense.  why would anyone want the url address in the car?  wouldn't a street address be more helpful????

Message 8 of 9 (547 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Roymoon

We also want to know when we will be able to use QuickGPSFix, back up our machines, install colour schemes, car icons, startup pictures, shut-down pictures, etc, and other features of older models.

As to the quick GPSfix, the 2535 has the "use last known location' feature which works quite well.  But if you fly into a new city you will have to wait a minute for it to figure out where it is.

Message 9 of 9 (518 Views)
Please use plain text.