Neophyte Traveler
jockyboy

Tomtom 135

I am thinking of buying a tomtom135,what do I need to get live on this device,has anybody got any feed back on the 135.

Thanks

jockyboy

Message 1 of 8 (761 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,393
Solutions: 554

Re: Tomtom 135

I have a feeling that the GO models will have LIVE feature only, just like in the US (on the new models). However it is my opinion only. None of the photos and description I've seen mention anything about LIVE on the new 130 and 135 models.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 8 (758 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
Lewismart

Don't buy there seems to be problems updating it in the UK.

I have had 2 with the same issue and no one is sorting it out, its going back.

Message 3 of 8 (514 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
jockyboy

Thanks for that,will take what you said on board

Jockyboy

Message 4 of 8 (502 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,393
Solutions: 554

Didn't hear about updating issue in general with any of these (or others). Some units might be defective, but usually turns out the culprit is the PC's software (security software, etc).

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 5 of 8 (497 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
Lewismart

Here is the letter I wrote to Tomtom:

"Tomtom are too late I am returning the product to QVC. I am not prepared to do your developement work for you. I was in the computing industry and have four children in computing who all do developement. This product was not fit to sell to the public and Tomtom should be man enough to own up to this.

I worked for HP for many years and if we supported and developed a product like this we would have soon been out of business.

I am capable of doing what you ask but not willing after spending 20 minutes on the phone not getting through to your support. So I decided to cut my losses while I still can and look for another company with a better product and support. More time in developement means less expense in support and happy customers a lesson that Tomtom need to take on. I will be telling all my friends and others of the way that Tomtom have supported me and their product.

The only way that Tomtom can retain my custom is to provide me with a product that works, without being a computer developement engineer, and is fit for purpose and does extactly what you say it does."

Bye from a Tomtom ex customer.:manfrustrated:

Message 6 of 8 (478 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
jockyboy

Thanks for your comments,it looks like I am with you and will start looking at other products.

Message 7 of 8 (470 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Josh01

Got one conneccted to pc updates done without a problem (im in the UK)

Message 8 of 8 (421 Views)
Please use plain text.