Novice Explorer
bibi10dog

Start 25 will not download Map Update!

My Start 25 is loaded with 11.037. My TomTom informs me that a Map of FRance is available for download and is sized at 350.8 Mb Vers6.32.

However when selected install no transfer takes place. Looking at the 'Manage Content' it tells me that the device has 171Mb free and my SD card has 3728Mb free.

So it looks as if it wants to load onto the device which is near full with the Map of Europe leaving too little space to load the new Map. Further it does not seem to be able to default to the card.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11 (713 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,387
Solutions: 554

Re: Start 25 will not download Map Update!

It would put it on the card by default. However 6.32 is not a map version. The latest map is v885.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 11 (706 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
bibi10dog

Thank you for your reply. However if you take time to re-read my entry I stated that the map of FRance is v632. You are referring to the map of Europe being v885. However the real issue is why the supplied Map of France  is not been loaded onto my SD card. You state that it  would put it on the card by default. Sadly it is not doing this to it so the question is why is it not?

Message 3 of 11 (700 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

[ Edited ]

Yet it can't be v632, and I read your post exactly as it is. "Vers6.32" There was no v632 map, as the maps are ending with 5 or 0. v885 is the latest of EU, France, US and ALL. On the top of it, v6xx maps would mean that your device has a 4-5 years old map and the Start25 is a relatively new device. Can't imagine having anything lower than v8xx.

Which browser do you use?

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 4 of 11 (697 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
bibi10dog

IE9.

Map of France
version:
Size:
350.8 MB
Description:Detailed regional map of France and Monaco connected to the Western European major road network. Includes Corsica. Street network coverage: > 99%.
Message 5 of 11 (678 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Try to put IE9 in compatibility view mode. What your device says about the map? Settings, Me and my device, About my device.

Message 6 of 11 (663 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
bibi10dog

Compatability mode made no difference. I am interested to know why you thought it may as the issue is one of insufficeant storage on the device and failure to utilise the card as a default storage device.

Perhaps I have confused you - the Map of France v632 is not loaded onto my device and hence About my Device cannot see it. he only map it can see is the 'Europe' map.

I do not even know why TomTom have made this French map available to me but as I am going over thre for several weeks at the end of the month it could be useful. My guess was that as speed camera alerts are now illegal in France it maybe that they have not been able to strip them out of the Europe Map and hence some customer minded Product Manager has made the stand alone map of France available without the speed cameras as a service to TomTom's valued customers. If this is the case then thank you but it does not work.

I have tried to ring TomTom but gave up holding after twenty minuits. If this problem is unique to me then so be it. However if it is part of a customer satisfaction initiative from T/T then I would have expected to see others making themselves visible.

So anyone out there got the same problem?

Many THanks......

Message 7 of 11 (658 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

IE9 in normal mode is not 100% compatible with the TT site (or the other way around).

If you shouldn't even even have that France map, I would call customer services to check why is it activated on the account, and why it is not downloading if activated. Since 11.035 you should be able to have the Danger Zones.

Message 8 of 11 (647 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
tefnoet

I have the same problem with the updat of the Europe card.....updating is ok but it cannot be installed on my device !!!!!:smileymad:

Everytime I got the message......something went wrong.....

Tried already resetting, latest version of my tom tom.......nothing helps.

Linda :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 11 (638 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Have you tried using Firefox? Do you have the latest Adobe Flash Player and Java? Have you tried to empty the cache? You could give a go to disable the firewall and antivirus.

Message 10 of 11 (633 Views)
Please use plain text.