Neophyte Traveler
KuPr

Problem updating VIA 1435 TM

The GPS started warning that the maps were out of date.  Tried to update and MyTomTom says it is up to date... but it is not!  The unit is running NA maps v8.7 and I see that v8.8 are available to purchase... what is going on???  This unit is supposed to have free updates!?!?!  (I've gone into SETTINGS, CACHE, EMPTY THE CACHE to see if that might work... no joy)  Help!!!

Message 1 of 5 (771 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,044
Solutions: 222

Re: Problem updating VIA 1435 TM

Good evening

Did you activated the lifetime map updates onto your account with the activation code which is included into the box? At the moment its required to contact the TomTom Support Team so they can activate the service onto your account with the code. Go to the following website and choose one of the contact methods at the right side below 'need help'?

http://www.tomtom.com/support

Message 2 of 5 (769 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

When you first got the unit, you needed to register the unit for lifetime maps with a code found in the package of materials. Did you do that?

All that said, Canadians seem to have great difficulty applying the activation code on line. You may need to call CS at 866-486-6866 to enact at their end BUT you'll need proof that you did indeed purchase a 'M' model. Got a receipt?

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 3 of 5 (769 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
KuPr

Thanks for the info guys!  I'll try to find the activation code and call support - shouldn't they be able to determine the type based upon the serial number?!?!?  Or am I being too logical in this discussion (sigh).

Message 4 of 5 (766 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
KuPr

OK, scrub that... miracles do happen - I found the Lifetime Maps card with the activation code (wife hasn't tossed it yet), followed your instructions online, and I am in the process of downloading my update - I guess sometimes it pays to RTFM. (but I wish the website was a little clearer in the instructions for those of us who come back to updating many, many weeks after initial purchase - and don't have documentation handy)  Cheers!  Next round is on me!

Message 5 of 5 (764 Views)
Please use plain text.