New Traveler
Villanueva

No satellite signal; Mytomtom support application doesn't recognize my gps.

My gps, Tomtom Via series, stopped receiving satellite signal a while ago and I tried to update the maps to see if the signal came back, but I found out that the Mytomtom support application does not recognize my gps. I tried to reset the gps by holding the button for 20 seconds until the drums came and by resetting to manufacture settings but nothing worked. When I plug the USB cable to my laptop and the gps, the only thing that pops out is the “autoplay” option and the support application still says, “Please connect your devise…” (Yes I connect the USB cable first and then turn on the gps). I’m able to explore the gps on my computer and see all the folders in it but that isn’t helpful (I guess). Any idea of what’s happening or how I can get my gps to receive satellite signal again?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (1,419 Views)
Please use plain text.
keefyboy
Topics: 4
Kudos: 129
Solutions: 25

Re: No satellite signal; Mytomtom support application doesn't recognize my gps.

Hi,

It may seem a daft question but are you trying to get a signal inside the house? It locks onto a signal much better out side and sometimes it takes up to 30 mins. If you have Quickfix loaded it's much quicker to lock on. The more you use your device the quicker the fix.

Message 2 of 3 (1,407 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
carol61

Re: software

My laptop is not recognizing the GPS system and as a result the computer is indicating that there is no connection.  I therefore cannot download maps, etc. although my computer said that there are no available updates.  What should I do?

Message 3 of 3 (563 Views)
Please use plain text.