Novice Explorer
discoveranother
Accepted Solution

No maps found

Hi all,

Have a TOM TOM Go Live 825, was working fine until the tom tom software on my computer stated an update is availavble, now I cannot get my maps.

I have tried resetting the device, and also followed TOM TOMs useless support instructions to no avail for downloading the maps again after resetting, but it just doesnt happen. The crazy software keeps saying it is up to date yet shows on my device as no maps found. Ive had enough of this useless piece of junk.

Anu advice would be really grateful.

Message 1 of 24 (7,889 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,047
Solutions: 222

Re: No maps found

Try to perform a recovery:

Recovery Mode

1. Press and hold the power button untill you'll see the diagnostic screen;
2. (Be very quickly: press the power button 3 times in a second);
3. The device automaticly restarts and it goes into 'recovery mode', you'll see a cogwheel;
4. Connect the device to the computer, the myTomTom Support application offers the previously known working application for the device;
5. Wait untill a picture of a TomTom device is displayed onto the device's screen, it'll displays a red x on the screen;
6. Perform a full reboot: press and hold the power button untill a drum roll sound is being heard, release the button after hearing the sound;
7. Wait untill the device has been rebooted;
8. When succesfull, re-connect the device to the computer to download/install the most recent navigator version;

Message 2 of 24 (7,883 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
discoveranother

Thanks for the info, I have tried this many times to no avail.

The satnav is fully charged but everytime I press quickly 3 times on the diagnostics screen it reboots back into the satnav, no cogwheel appears.

Message 3 of 24 (7,864 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
discoveranother

Hve managed to follow the instructions and seen the cogwheel etc. When rebooted into satnav according to last instructions asked to go to the getstarted page but no luck. Still keeps saying something has gone wrong check your computer for more information. Where the hell am I supposed to check my computer ? What a ridiculous message on screen. Getting frustrated now.

Message 4 of 24 (7,864 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Navigator
kieron

[ Edited ]

Hi there discoveranother -

Your Go Live 825 is a similar device to my Via Live 120. This is worth a try as it worked for me when my unit did the same.

First of all, re-boot the device by holding the power button for 15-20 seconds until the unit does the "drum roll" sound, then, if you are using the Windows 7 system, try using "Compatibility Mode" with IE8 or the Firefox or Chrome browser which I have heard tends to help when running the "MyTomTom" (not "TomTom Home") program which your device needs to connect to.  Windows Xp does'nt appear  to suffer as much with IE8.  Don't connect the device just yet.

Then if the sat nav shows "No Maps Found" again, once your "MyTomTom" program is running and you are logged in using your e-mail address and password, right click on the small MyTomTom icon in the taskbar below which should open up a pop up box.  Click on "Settings", then click on the "Cache" tab. Make sure there is a tick in the box next to " Cache large content on my computer (recommended)".  The Cache folder next to this tickbox should show where your files will be kept - if not, then click the browse button and choose somewhere i.e Desktop to save the file/s to. Once done, click "Empty the cache" button and then down below, click the "Save settings" button.  This will erase old data and should then notify you of any new Navigator file and your present/new Map file on your main "MyTomTom" login web page. Next - download any new Navigator file first, if offered and untick any other upgrades (very important) then connect your sat nav to the PC to transfer the file. Once your sat nav (generally) or MyTomTom tells you its safe to do so, disconnect your device and reboot it again by holding the power button as before (10-15 seconds/drum roll).  Once up and running, go back to the Cache tab again, click the "Empty the cache" button then click "Save settings" button. Any other downloads will become visible again, so repeat the device connect process.  When you first registered with the "MyTomTom" program, the system will have known what map version you would have originally had and should now be offering the file, or a newer version to download. These downloads are first sent to your Cache on your PC within the "MyTomTom" program and then best transferred to your Sat Nav once its plugged in and I've always found it wise to install one file at a time, (Navigator file first) unplug, reset my sat nav, download and install the next file. I also clear the Cache and save Settings prior to any new offering too.

Good luck.

TomTom Via Live 120 - UK & Ireland - May 2011 -
latest map - v937 - 2 hour battery life.
TomTom Go Live 825 Europe - June 2012 -
latest map - v937 - 3.15 hour battery life.
Navman N60i RDS-TMC - Feb 2007 - Jun 2012 - R.I.P.
Hp Workstation Windows 7 Pro 32 bit dual core.
JAVA (not Javascript) now disabled on latest Firefox due to security issues.
Norton Internet Security 2014 (not required to disable antivirus or firewall to install and allow access to the "MyDrive" PC program)

-TIP- : When asking a question, don't forget to mention which TomTom device you have, PC, operating system & browser - the more detail you provide, the easier it is for others to help.
Message 5 of 24 (7,857 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
bibek

thank you.this one worked for me.really appreciate it.

Message 6 of 24 (7,834 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Navigator
kieron

Hi bibek -

Thank you for letting the forum know -

all the best.

TomTom Via Live 120 - UK & Ireland - May 2011 -
latest map - v937 - 2 hour battery life.
TomTom Go Live 825 Europe - June 2012 -
latest map - v937 - 3.15 hour battery life.
Navman N60i RDS-TMC - Feb 2007 - Jun 2012 - R.I.P.
Hp Workstation Windows 7 Pro 32 bit dual core.
JAVA (not Javascript) now disabled on latest Firefox due to security issues.
Norton Internet Security 2014 (not required to disable antivirus or firewall to install and allow access to the "MyDrive" PC program)

-TIP- : When asking a question, don't forget to mention which TomTom device you have, PC, operating system & browser - the more detail you provide, the easier it is for others to help.
Message 7 of 24 (7,831 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
dfb42

i haave a3035 and no maps is what im getting please help me

Message 8 of 24 (7,349 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
ledzep

Hi all,nightmare going on here nad its doing my head in,ok i updated my xl live iq routes edition and it all went wrong from then on,ive managed to get it working again but now i have no maps at all acnt find where to download them ive tried reset,back up,but nothing works all i want to do is install the mapzone for uk,any help would be great.Thanks

Message 9 of 24 (6,972 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
discoveranother

I tried all the above and nothing worked. The unit had to go back to TOMTOM to be fixed. I now have the unit back and working well (for now anyway !).

Not good to think that if it wasn't under warranty I'd have had to pay around £110-£150 for a repair. A complete con and puts me off ever buying TOMTOM again,

Message 10 of 24 (6,951 Views)
Please use plain text.