Zsolt
Kudos: 2,361
Solutions: 549

Re: Mydrive stuck at 99%

Mine shows 3GB free, don't think that is the issue. I think there is a problem at their end with the MSC files, but only for certain models. You can check what is the size of the file offered. Do a factory reset (save all your personal content first), setup the device (only language, map and join the map corrections via the menu) and check what is the size of the MSC offered in MyDrive. If it is significantly more than 2MB, there is an issue with the file.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 51 of 128 (2,120 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Dré51

Keep connected, mine Start 60  was ready after 1 hour

good luck

Message 52 of 128 (2,079 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
freder

I worked out how to free internal memory on my Via. I allowed space to fit two maps on a uSD by fitting an 8GB card. I had the Europe map on internal memory which had filled it. I installed Western Europe on the card and switched to that.  I attempted to install extra speed cameras in order  to exceed the remaining internal memory which made MyDrive offer the opportunity to move things. Then I was able to arrange for Europe to be uninstalled and re-installed on the uSD card to have both maps on the uSD card. Switched maps & deleted Western Europe.

Now have GBs of memory available internally & the delays seem to have disappeared. Perhaps coincidence but fingers crossed.

Message 53 of 128 (2,047 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
Bloggs

[ Edited ]

I had a problem with the same problem on the 2 Jan 2014. I reported it on car number #140102-000144.

After a few hours and no reply I had unplugged the TT as I was getting tired of the whole process. When plugged in a second time it went well and so I closed the report number.

But yet again I am getting a similar bug. Now it is saying the download will take 12 secs and over an hour later it is still saying the same.

This is a bug and TT should be aware of it. What I do not like is that I cannot see any staff response in this thread, where as if there is a genuine complaint someone does.

I am normally a defender of TT but no staff response is not looking good is it?

EDit::: Whist I was writing that I chose to refresh the mydrive page. It seems that everything is now downloaded and I am up to date. Very odd.

Using TomTom Start 25
Message 54 of 128 (2,013 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Either the MSC files are buggy at their end or the devices can't cope with the increased size (if the real size is over 2-3MBs). Surely something they need to look into.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 55 of 128 (2,006 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
roodbaard

Via 135 updates to 99 percent but never finishes!

Different users (I too) of the program “MyDrive” currently have the same problem.

This is a bug in the software where TomTom known with it. The developers are working to fix this.

It is very unclear how long it wil takes a solution for this bug.

Stranding of this progress does not affect the installation of your updates.

Let him just stand at the "crash". So, the update wil still put on your device.

Try so just do updates. This process can by this disturbance 2 hours (in extreme cases 2,5 hours).

If the update process is complete you will be visually reported. There will therefore be on completion of the work (update) a message that the TomTom is updated. Also the MyDrive-screen wil change screen.

This is a translation of the answer I had on the Dutch helpdesk by TomTom.

Greetings, Henk 

The "Bug" is still there! Todays update results in 5 times restart of the VIA135. Only the update of GPS has effect; the update of the "map" will not end ..............!

Message 56 of 128 (1,976 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

If you leave it connected, eventually it will finish. Best to opt-out of the MSC for a week or so now.

Message 57 of 128 (1,973 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
roodbaard

Update:

After system reset VIA135(drums) and 2 hours of waiting, it seems to be updated :smileyfrustrated:

I hope it will be soon better!!

Greetings, Henk 

Message 58 of 128 (1,957 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
Bloggs

Best to opt-out of the MSC for a week or so now.

Maybe TT should perhaps cease issuing updates, at least until the bug is found and corrected. It must be affecting far more customers than us few who care to write on this forum.

Using TomTom Start 25
Message 59 of 128 (1,950 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Of course they need to get the matter fixed. But meanwhile, instead of getting pissed off, isn't it easier to opt-out for a few days? No harm will be done.

Message 60 of 128 (1,938 Views)
Please use plain text.