Stefan
Kudos: 1,043
Solutions: 222

Re: MyTomTomSA keeps saying "Connecting..." forever.

[ Edited ]

Only has to be done once :smileywink:

@Gashwin

Enjoy the 'updated' navigation experience:smileyhappy:

Message 11 of 34 (994 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
hteasley

[ Edited ]

This fix has not worked for me... My TomTom Via 1605 connected fine today, I downloaded an update that was waiting for it, and I think it applied, but in any case, I get the continual "Connecting..." problem now. I've deleted the TomTom cache, I've deleted and recreated the TomTom network service, I've repaired permissions, and still "Connecting..."

Anyone have any other ideas to try. I'm connecting to my Macbook, running OSX 10.8

edit: OK, I've reinstalled the TomTom app and it has connected now. It's redownloading the update, so I'm guessing it didn't actually apply last time.

Message 12 of 34 (937 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
lapleader

I am still have the issue also with 10.8 Mountain Lion. My Network services has my old link from prior to switching to the new application . My icon shows that the sofware is being downloaded but nothing on the Mac shows that anything is connected. So after trying all the ports and the Network changes, clearing my cache I have no update installed still. I hope that one of our Forum Experts can help us out because TomTom doesn't seem to notice the Mac market.

Message 13 of 34 (914 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
lapleader

I hasve been having the same issues as you were in getting new updates on a Mac. I decided one last try and got the original USB Cable that came with the unit and it worked instantly.

Try using your original cable too. This has been vexing me for 18 months trying to get this to work for each update.

lapleader

Message 14 of 34 (912 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
lapleader

Resolved my own issue by doing all of the steps AND using the original USB cable that cam with my TomTom.

Stu

Message 15 of 34 (912 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
rhoadesco

Thanks for this Stefan.  Do you allow the new onnection to just stay at default of DHCP?  My TomTom receives the 169.254 IP address which seems to em to be incorrect.

Message 16 of 34 (607 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,288
Solutions: 536

It is a 169. (local IP) for everybody.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 17 of 34 (585 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
smilidon

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue as the Original Poster but on Windows 7 64, I worked on it for 6 hours, yes i changed it to 5000 and 4001 yes I cleared cache yes I reset it for 10 seconds, yes its connected directly to pc, yes I tried to uninstall and reinstall and use FF and Chrome. So please tell me wth to do. iT HAS NEVER ACTUALLY CONNECTED SUCCESSFULLY YET and it has a small computer symbol on the lower left han d side of the gps and periodically tells me to download MyTOMTOM so I know it knows its connected. Stupid My TOMTOM just says connecting forever.

Message 18 of 34 (517 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,288
Solutions: 536

Is it enabled at the network devices?

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 19 of 34 (513 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
MikkoK

Hi smilidon,

Welcome to the forum!

Please, see this FAQ [MyTomTom troubleshooting tips]. You'll probably need to uninstall the device driver, than completely uninstall MyTomTom (including TomTom folder from AppData). Keep your device unconnected untill you have MyTomTom installed again and the website finds it.

Cheers, Mikko

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 20 of 34 (496 Views)
Please use plain text.