Apprentice Explorer
Cwmogwr
Accepted Solution

How to display the compass?

I have the Tomtom Via 125 and would like to display the compass or heading on the screen but cannot find out how..... Help?

Message 1 of 49 (5,705 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Trailblazer
Iain_S

Re: How to display the compass?

I don't think it can be done, and I'm sure I saw a compass on a "wish list" elsewhere on the forum. I wish it could; I've started using "north up" display, as I find that sligtly less confusing than having no idea of direction of travel :smileysad:

Iain

Message 2 of 49 (5,696 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
Cwmogwr

Many thanks Iain.  You would think that this would be an obvious thing to put on a navigation device....... Oh well, Know better next time I buy one.

Cheers

Cwmogwr

Message 3 of 49 (5,692 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,047
Solutions: 222

Cwmogwr wrote:

I have the Tomtom Via 125 and would like to display the compass or heading on the screen but cannot find out how..... Help?

Feel free to add this suggestion to the Wish List of coming features post which can be found at the top of this forum. The more users report to get the feature back, the more likely it will come back.

Click here to go to the 'Wish List of coming features'

Message 4 of 49 (5,640 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
RustyPlough

You are all very restrained. I think it is plain annoying that Tom Tom didn't think to put a Compass Heading on. I though Tom Tom outrated all other sat navs til I bought  this one!

Message 5 of 49 (5,153 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
brucerleech

I agree I Love my xl330 but did not have Mexico maps. I thought the via1505 would be a good up grade but it turned out to be a nightmare. I think the via 1505 is going back to Amazon.

Message 6 of 49 (5,116 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Stingray

What makes it even more weird is that my now very old TomTom One XL had the compass feature. Bought the Via 180 thinking it would have the old features plus some newies. And would have thought that a compass is fairly basic on a GPS unit. Silly me

Message 7 of 49 (4,795 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
via125nonsense

The old TTs had a compass but for some reson they didn't add it to the new ones!

this 125 is a nonsense.

No light to tell you if its charging either!!!

Message 8 of 49 (4,657 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
CBRR

Cwmogwr wrote:

You would think that this would be an obvious thing to put on a navigation device....... Oh well, Know better next time I buy one.

Same here, My next GPS won't be a TomTom, in fact, I just put this POS up for sale.
What a stupid omisson of baic navigation since BC.

N/A
Message 9 of 49 (4,406 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
gioxyz

lain_S,

Re: compass, or lack thereof, what did you mean exactly by your using "north up" display?  How do you accomplish that?

I had a TomTom GO 930 which displayed a compass and the correspomding reading in degrees.  But I can't believe there isn't one on this new VIA 1605 TM I just bought.  I got sucked in on its 6" screen and didn't investigate much else.   I also discovered that there is no password option on it as there was on the old GO930.

Bob G

Message 10 of 49 (4,015 Views)
Please use plain text.