lmc
Novice Explorer
lmc

How to clear cache in MyTomTom

I've been going back and forth with TomTom tech support over the problems my Via 1535 is having, "searching for a valid GPS signal." (and searching, and searching, and searching...) I understand this is a common problem with this model, and have pretty much resigned myself that I'm going to have a 5 to 20 minute delay each time it fires up, so that's not really what this question is about.

My last communication from the tech support folks told me to clear the cache in MyTomTom as follows:

"To do so:
- Click on the "MyTomTom" icon in the system tray
- Click on "Settings"
- Go to the "Cache" Tab
- Click on the "Empty" the cache button
- Click on the "Save Settings" button"

My problem, which I haven't seen addressed anywhere else. is that on my computer, MyTomTom doesn't seem to operate this way. When I click on the icon, nothing happens other than a brief flicker of my computer screen. MyTomTom may be running in the background somehow, but it doesn't offer me any menu with settings, or open up any visible window at all. I reloaded the software in case there was something wrong with it, but that didn't change its functionality. Can somebody help me understand what is happening here?  

Message 1 of 4 (9,385 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,603
Solutions: 320

Re: How to clear cache in MyTomTom

Hi,

please try if you get to see the MyTT menu when closing or minimizing all other software running on your computer. You may also try using your right mouse button as that sometimes worked better to get the menu appearing.

preferences_MyTT.jpg

clear_cache_MyTT.jpg

I currently have a similar problem when having opened Google Chrome. Every time I want to open another window on my computer the display only flickers and the windows stays on Chrome and not on the other software. Restarting the computer or just closing and restarting Chrome helped in my case so far as well.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 4 (9,379 Views)
Please use plain text.
lmc
Novice Explorer
lmc

Thanks, Lars, I'll try that tonight. I did have Firefox running at the time. A right click just gives two options, MyTomTom (which does the same flicker-nothing), and uninstall.

Message 3 of 4 (9,371 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
arkymay57

Having a very similar problem the tab with settings comes up but I can't click on it and mines says no maps found ater never getting a signal yesterday I don't have a clue what to do from here

Message 4 of 4 (8,795 Views)
Please use plain text.