Neophyte Explorer
allanb

Go 60 - to connect or not to connect?

The TomTom website told me that MyTomTom is not right for my Go 60, and that I should download TomTom Home.

TomTom Home tells me that there is "a critical update" (2.8.3.1343) for my device.

It also tells me that in order to update I should connect my device to TomTom Home.

However, it also tells me that "Go 60 does not connect to TomTom Home" – and indeed, when I try to connect, the little picture at the bottom of the screen continually says "no device connected."

If I can't connect my device, how can I ever download anything?  Not only software updates, but new maps etc?

Message 1 of 5 (325 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,048
Solutions: 222

Re: Go 60 - to connect or not to connect?

All new released devices are using the myTomTom Support Application. The update (2.8.3.1343) in TomTom Home is a update for the TomTom Home application itself so its not a update for your device.

If not already done, download the myTomTom Support Application from the TomTom website:

http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted

* You can safely uninstall the TomTom Home application, this program does not support the newest generation of navigation devices.

After myTomTom is installed, connect the device to the computer. The myTomTom Support Application recognize the device and opens the Update Webpage into the default internet browser.

All available updates for the device will be displayed, when a newer navigator version is available, always install this update first. Afterwards install the remaining updates.

You are entitled to install the latest map from map guarantee, the latest map version is recently released this month, on the web update page the newest map for your device should be automaticly offered as download.

First verify that the correct map is being offered: If the device comes with a map of 'Europe' and the offered map is a map of 'Western Europe' (due for example a error on the server), then it would install over the Europe map and the result is that the standard map would be replaced with the Western Europe instead. This doesn't normally happen, but just a tip as precaution.:smileywink:

Message 2 of 5 (323 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
sw8145

How do I transfer all the favorites on my old tomtom 720 onto my tomtom start 60?

Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

[ Edited ]

Hi

Try the Transfer Assistance Prog

From old device   To new device
GO x50, GO x40, GO x30, GO x20, GOx10, GO classic
XXL, XL, Start, ONE
Rider
  GO LIVE 1000 series, GO LIVE 800 series, Via LIVE series
GO LIVE Top Gear, GO LIVE 2000 series, VIA 1000 serie

Link Bellow :-

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14081/kw/transfer%20files%20from%20old%20tomtom

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 4 of 5 (292 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

[ Edited ]

Hi

Opps the Start 60 Not in the transfer to list,

I think you will have to transfer them manually through Community Content in MyTomTom

Still I leave the post it might help someone else.

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 5 of 5 (290 Views)
Please use plain text.