Apprentice Traveler
Dirkdd

GO LIVE 1005 World and SD card to extend memory

I have a GO LIVE 1005 World and want to extend the memory with a 4gb SD card. The TomTom device did recognise and formatted the empty memory card, but when connecting the device to MyTomTom the memory card is not shown. MyTomTom on the computer shows only that the internal memory is full. How do I get MyTomTom to see the SD card to save additional downloaded maps on?

Message 1 of 13 (3,345 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,603
Solutions: 320

Re: GO LIVE 1005 World and SD card to extend memory

Hi,

you'll need to have Navcore application version 11.030 or 11.031 installed on your device. That software update will enable the microSD slot. Afterwards please insert the microSD card and turn the device on. Accept the device formatting the SD card and afterwards the card should be listed in MyTomTom as memory as well.

However if installing a new map without having enough memory capacity left on your device's internal memory it'll automatically be installed to the SD card. I read though that it sometimes is needed to first replace one of the installed maps on the internal memory with a map update and afterwards reinstall that removed map which will be installed to the card then.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 13 (3,344 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Dirkdd

Thanks. Just one last question. How do I do the first part of the solution?

"you'll need to have Navcore application version 11.030 or 11.031 installed on your device"

Message 3 of 13 (3,337 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,603
Solutions: 320

Hi,

please check first on your device if that version is already installed. Access your device's preferences menu and flip through the pages until you get the information option. There select the information about your device and you'll see the application version.

If it is not 11.030 or 11.031 please connect your device to your computer and check for updates if there's an application update available via the MyTomTom support application. Install this update as a single update without any other updates.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 4 of 13 (3,328 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
AGL1969

Hello

I have a tomtom go 1005 world with a 16gb memory card. The unit formatted the card and also shows the card and space available on it in "my tomtom"

My problem is, its says i cannot install anything more to the device as the units memory is full???

Please help.

Message 5 of 13 (2,653 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
HalseG

Hi,  I have exactly the same "memory full" problemon the Go Live 1005 - as a result cannot update the device.  Is there anyway to free memory,  then I can update?  

Until this is fixed I cant purchase and install updated maps - so TomTom this is probably in your interest too.

Message 6 of 13 (2,532 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
HalseG

OK, after my last post I tried again. Despite zero free memory I selected one of the smaller maps for updating (Asia) and tried to upgrade, and it worked. The new map appeared on the SD memory and freed 187Mb on the device memory, and the latest update was successfully installed. Maybe this helps someone...
Message 7 of 13 (2,526 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Quickly34

Hi

I have the same issue and have not yet been able to resolve.  I have the Go Live 1005 World, purchased in May 2012.  I went to My TomTom to update the maps and got the 'error 'you do not have enough available memory'.  I add a new 32GB SD micro card, the Tom Tom formatted it and in My TomTom I can see the card showing the available space.  On my internal memory of the TomTOm there is 6.4MB of space also.

I still cannot download any map updates and am still getting the 'no available memory' error from My TomTom.  On advice from TomTom I have updated flashplayer, tried with both IE9 and with Google Chrome...and it still doesn't work.

It's an expensive device to be having this level of issues which don't seem to be able to be resolved!....any advice welcome!

Message 8 of 13 (2,499 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Loco1

I have the same problem with my GO LIVE 1005 World. When I insert the card in my computer it says I have no free memory on my card, I think somehow the divice destroys the card by formating it. I don't know I could be wrong. 

Message 9 of 13 (2,414 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Quickly34

tHi,

I managed to resolve this myself ...see below:

I connected to My TomTom and went to manage content
Unticked all map updates under the first section where it shows updates I was due to download according to TomTom (as when I had tried to install those I was getting the out of memory issue).

I then went to the section below that 'My Maps' and selected just one map update for an existing map I had (in this case Australia) -and selected install below that.  What happened was that this was able to be installed and whilst there was not enough room on my internal memory, this install pushed the entire Australia map onto the memory card, thus freeing up around 96MB of memory on my internal device.After this had downloaded and installed, I went back to My TomTom, and it then allowed me to install all map updates outstanding.

Hopefully the above will help and can be shared with the MyTomTom development team as otherwise other users will likely be experiencing the same problem, no idea why it only lets you install a new version of an existing map but not new updates to all in the first instance when a memory card is added.  It seems TomTom cannot cope with letting you choose what goes on the memory card and just rejects installing anything more when the device is full...so by taking the action above it forces a whole map onto the memory card and frees up the device memory to install the smaller updates...

Good luck!

Message 10 of 13 (2,404 Views)
Please use plain text.