Novice Explorer
Fractale

Does every 2535 has battery problem???

I had a 2505TM before and was fine with it. Then I changed to 2535TM, hoping for a better signal. Althrough 2535 does not appears "highly-sensitive", it has battery problem, which my older model do not.

When I connect it to the charger in my car, it charges, but the power gague just never seems increase. no matter how long i put it on, it stays low forever.

Is this a common problem for this model? or I may try to exchange it for a new one?

Message 1 of 71 (2,259 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

Re: Does every 2535 has battery problem???

hi just wondering is this a software fault and its just a false reading or is it actualy not charging ,have you tried unplugging to see what kind of lifespan you get

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 71 (2,257 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Fractale

I did not try to unplug it until it shut off, but sometimes I change settings or choosing destination without charger, it reads "battery running low". I think it is charging or it should have had no power several days already. Just it charges very slow. Its power gague has been showing that there's very little power in the batter, but I turn it off everytime I turn off my car, and put it on the charger everytime I drive. For my old model, its battery would certainly fully charged for these several days.

Mytomtom says that this new one is up to date, so I don't think there's a software problem.

Message 3 of 71 (2,254 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

hi i think im correct in saying that the new units do not actually turn off they just go into a much lower power mode thats why when you turn them on its more or less instant everything,so even after pressing the power button they will drain all though this should be very slight.

1st go live 1000 (dead)
Message 4 of 71 (2,252 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Fractale

hmm, I'll try to check that. I've been charging it with my computer, about three hours its now halfway charged. I'll turn it off and see whether its power drains tomorrow.

Anyway, so every 2535 is like this, and exchange for a new one won't help?

Message 5 of 71 (2,251 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

i have noticed a few with battery issues but they mainly seem to be as soon as unplugged they power off .i would try fully charging it then see what kind of lifespan you get ,tomtom quote around 2 hours although different factors will affect this eg voice navigation ,making calls etc just a thought try a rear usb port i know some front ports dont quite have the oomph in them it may not make a difference but worth a try

1st go live 1000 (dead)
Message 6 of 71 (2,248 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Wayfarer
Rouski

Bump

1st 2505 (Dead)
2nd 2505 (Dead)
3rd 2505 (Waiting to Die)(R.I.P. warrenty expired)
Message 7 of 71 (2,214 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

looks like bsb has started something with his bump quote:smileyvery-happy:

1st go live 1000 (dead)
Message 8 of 71 (2,208 Views)
Please use plain text.
jonstrong
Topics: 20
Kudos: 193
Solutions: 5

No battery problems with my 2535 M Live. Seems to charge rather quickly. In the car, I generally leave it plugged in, but I've also taken it off the cord, carried into other cars and run it via battery -- never seemed to drain excessively quickly...

- Jon

TomTom Go Live 2535M
Message 9 of 71 (2,196 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Tominnh

I have the same issue   Had the unit for 3 months and battery will not charge.   Now unit will also NOT connect to the computer.....  Customer service wants me to find the receipt from 3 months ago   Ya  Right....!

Message 10 of 71 (2,068 Views)
Please use plain text.