Renowned Trailblazer
regor

Computer Voices - Where are they ?

Anyone know where one can find new computer voices ? 

*** GO2505TM ***
Message 1 of 15 (2,692 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,043
Solutions: 222

Re: Computer Voices - Where are they ?

In TomTom Home its possible to download computer voices (when using another device), however its not possible to download/install computer voices yet with the myTomTom Support Application.

Message 2 of 15 (2,678 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
ianphillips44

so its not yet possible to update voices, another half hearted update by tomtom. thats still in its beta stage. :smileymad:

Message 3 of 15 (2,671 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
regor

Bummer.  Not really a mytomtom issue, but TT has to make these voices available for download directly from its web site rather than through TomTomHOME.

*** GO2505TM ***
Message 4 of 15 (2,629 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
BSB

You can ADD custom voices to most newer devices with the new updates !

Just use the "add community content" option so long as you have the new updates installed to your device.

Howver there is a thread near the top of the pile that has some more detail regarding possible hitches and how to's etc

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-GO-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/Which-files-do-I-need-for-the-voic...

Message 5 of 15 (2,628 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
regor

[ Edited ]

Indeed BSB, and that is what prompted my question.  Where can I get computer voices ?  Lots of "celebrity" voices out there, but can't find one single "computer" voice.  Samantha is OK, but once in a while, it would be nice to hear someone else !  Without a computer voice you can only get limited information (i.e. no street names). 

[edited]  - I can select a gazillion of default languages for my TT, but I can't get any Computer Voices other than Samantha US or the Quebec French one.  Surely TT has Computer Voices for most countries supported no ? 

*** GO2505TM ***
Message 6 of 15 (2,583 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
BetterSoftware

Ah you too are stuck with what you were supplied with !

This problem also faces people who purchased units in other than the country it was intended for.

Yet to see a fix for that published here.

Seemingly some people got through to support and seemingly (unconfirmed) got a way around it.

Alas I am stuck with something I dont want either a danged American voice and I want an ENGLISH one.

Message 7 of 15 (2,577 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
allanwilson

I purchased a tomtom Start 25 on the 18th of July .

I wanted an English speaking computer voice but when I go to choose a voice the only one that’s available is a Turkish one that speaks street names in Turkish.

I have been in touch with tomtom support & told them the problem & this is the reply that I got from them.

Discussion Thread

Response (Dora W. (UK))10/08/2011 09.13 AM

Dear Edward,

This is Dora from TomTom Customer Care

The reference number for your query is 110810-003467.

I understand you have trouble with the Voice on your Start 25.

Unfortunately it seems like you have purchased a device of which the country of origin was notUK.

What I can suggest to you to contact the Point of Sales where you have got the device from.

From our side, at the moment the Voice downloading for the new devices is not working.

We are currently working on the resolution and an update for MyTomTom should come out in the near future

but because we are talking about a brand new device, I would definitely suggest to take it back to the Retailer

and maybe purchase one from our side, on English.

With Kind Regards

Dora

The TomTom Customer Care Team

This is what i sent to  today TO BEST DIGITAL MARKET

It seems like the TomTom START 25 that you have sold me should have gone toTURKEY& not theUK

Can you please send me a returns number then I can return it for a REFUND as it’s not fit for purpose. I expected aUKmodel from theUK. With English speaking computer voices. not a TomTom that should have been destined for the TURKISH market & not theUKmarket.

Allan

Message 8 of 15 (2,564 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
BSB

[ Edited ]

Hi Allen.

That is just the point I have been making and Being in Canada I have been lumped in to the US market voices.

This change on my older model as an absolute breeze and I can select ANY of the voices I want WITHOUT having to connect to a computer or update or mess around with any of the zillion click "add community content" BS.

I would have hoped for that sort of simple change to come with the updates and it was one of the things I looked for right after the update.

But it was not there.

Lots of us are well aware of the tomtom update policy two weeks is anywhere from months to many months LOL

Message 9 of 15 (2,556 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Theroux

[ Edited ]

I've heard now for almost a year that this is coming for the GO 1005. Not great customer support. It should have taken a few months max to launch this. I'm thinking that this might be my last TomTom.

Message 10 of 15 (2,365 Views)
Please use plain text.