2sh
Novice Explorer
2sh

Sync with iPhone 4

[ Edited ]

Have been trying to bluetooth sync my new iPhone 4S with my recently purchased Via 1535.....are there any known issues? I had it working with my old Blackberry. It finds the phone, asks for the code but will not pair.

Message 1 of 26 (6,825 Views)
Please use plain text.
laz45
Kudos: 353

Re: Sync with iPhone 4

[ Edited ]

If it finds the phone then the phone must be set to visible. try going into the phone bluetooth settings and make sure the TomTom also shows,and make sure the phone is in fact set to visible anyway. If it is there set the tomtom as a trusted device, try the pairing again. If they pair great...If not,

Go into manage phones on the Via and delete the Iphone.Setting\PhoneSetting\Manage Phones

Go into the Iphones bluetooth settings and delete the Via,if it shows

While in Iphones bluewtooth settings double check it's set to visible or discoverable,or shown to all,whichever you have,and uncheck any time setting, some will say visible for 3 minutes etc etc,pairing can take longer. 

Shut them both off and restart both. Initiate the pairing through the TomTom(you stated you did this first,keep with this practice)then go through the pairing procedure,if it asks for the password enter it again,and see if they pair.IF they do go back into the Iphones bluetooth settings and make sure has the TomTom set as a trusted device.

Let us know how it goes....

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star

Go Live 1535M
App 12.035.991250.84
USA_Can_Mex map v895.4454
MyTomTom v3.1.0.530
Windows 7 Ultimate-64bit
Internet Explorer 9

Message 2 of 26 (6,819 Views)
Please use plain text.
2sh
Novice Explorer
2sh

Re: Sync with iPhone 4s

[ Edited ]

I do not see any choice for time but it does seem to keep trying....alas, no luck yet....I also tried my husband's phone just in case it was just mine.....same problem.

Message 3 of 26 (6,806 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
Zoë

Hi 2sh,

Sorry to see that you're having trouble with connecting your iPhone to your TomTom. We can only support phones or devices that are listed as compatible on our website.

To have a look at the devices we have tested and can support, please have a look here:

http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/phones.php

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Zoe

Message 4 of 26 (6,794 Views)
Please use plain text.
2sh
Novice Explorer
2sh

Guess I will have to go another route as iPhone 4S is not on your list.....maybe in the future?

Message 5 of 26 (6,777 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
robby

Re: Sync with iPhone 4

Thanks so much.  Due to your advice I was able to connect to my iphone.   Cheers

Message 6 of 26 (6,774 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Explorer
RedDawg

[ Edited ]

Zoe wrote:

Hi 2sh,

Sorry to see that you're having trouble with connecting your iPhone to your TomTom. We can only support phones or devices that are listed as compatible on our website.

To have a look at the devices we have tested and can support, please have a look here:

http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/phones.php

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Zoe

I don't see the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G on the compatibility list. I have a T-Mobile MyTouch 4G running 2.2.1 android and it is fully compatible with my TomTom VIA 1535TM for the following:

Hands Free            [ yes ]

Copy phone book  [ yes ] 

Feel free to contact me if you need more information.

TomTom VIA 1535TM
App: 11.035.890538.84 (0) (3010, 3/21/2012, OS 824205
Gps: 2.16.201 88313, Boot 642776
Map: USA_Canada_and_Mexico v885.4102, Release Date: 1/2012
PC: Windows 7 x64, Google Chrome Browser

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is probably a duck.
Message 7 of 26 (6,772 Views)
Please use plain text.
laz45
Kudos: 353

[ Edited ]

The Iphone 4 is on the list of compatible phones,I'm surprised the 4s isn't included as it works on the same

bluetooth standard as the 4.

My particular B;ackBerry isn't on the list but after a few attempts and some settings adjustments it pairs

and works perfectly. I would keep at the settings adjustments and I bet you figure it out.I had to name my phone also as

in prior attempts to pair failed until I did so.My Via recognised my phone by it's serial number,after deleting and giving my phone a name and changing it's visibility setting the gps found it and paired. All ihad to do after was set it as a trusted device and it now pairs as soon as I turn it on...as mentioned my particular phone,as yours,isn't on the list...The series however is...meaning 8300's are authorized,but not my 8330....Keep trying,see what becomes of it.

@robby, 

Go Live 1535M
App 12.035.991250.84
USA_Can_Mex map v895.4454
MyTomTom v3.1.0.530
Windows 7 Ultimate-64bit
Internet Explorer 9

Message 8 of 26 (6,753 Views)
Please use plain text.
2sh
Novice Explorer
2sh

I took it into Future Shop and they were unable to pair the two as well. I had another thought and tried pairing with our old 720 Go which worked lickety split.....I guess I will be using that for now until an upgrade is available.

Thanks for trying....I will keep checking in to see if there are any updates

Message 9 of 26 (6,740 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
dobaer

I have an iPhone 3GS, which is on the list, AND was working up until last week.  I don't recall pushing any updates to my phone -- still waiting on iOS 5.0 to see how others fare first.

Regardless, I had done this before and it just stopped working.  Now, I am unable to get it to re-pair.  I have deleted the profiles of each device on the other and the VIA will see my iPhone, the phone asks for the PIN, then the connection is rejected.

Running latest VIA code and iOS 4.3.5

Message 10 of 26 (6,728 Views)
Please use plain text.