Novice Explorer
TomTomDon
Accepted Solution

On TomTom HOME: How to change log-in email address?

This is a simple one: how to change the email address log-on credentials?  I have a new email address, so how do I update my TomTom HOME account?  BTW: Has anyone noticed the TomTom home page for assistance, the "contact us" link is broken, and has been for six weeks?  You can enter a question, but if you hit submit, nothing happens other than "error on page" from IE.

TomTomDon

Message 1 of 30 (7,410 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

Re: On TomTom HOME: How to change log-in email address?

[ Edited ]

hi its easy ,go to tomtom home page,click on support then on rhs you will see my account details click here ,you will depending on web browser either be asked to log in or you will already be logged in ,then on the lhs  of my account details page you will see "change my email address"   done

ps for the future your best posting your questions on the relevent listing you will usually get a quicker answer for e.g this section is for users of the new 1xxx/2xxx/via units (please dont laugh we werent to know they used c r a p software ) its not a big deal but  your generely best in the correct listing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 30 (7,403 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
TomTomDon

Thanks much dazza24 !  Your suggestion worked perfectly!  I apologize for the mis-location, but I had NO idea where to post a question on HOME, and I simply chose the post that had the most traffic... My apologies... For future reference - I'm a novice blogger for TomTom questions - would you be so kind as to suggest what post I should have posted a query for HOME related questions?

Thanks much again... You solved my problem!

Message 3 of 30 (7,393 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

hey its not a problem just trying to get you to right place for precise help . for your unit probably the xl /xxl or start /ease if not sure just post where you think is best it will get answered if a solution is available ,your best off not looking at the 1xxx /2xxx section you will never upgrade your unit .

ps welcome to the forum :smileyhappy:

1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
Message 4 of 30 (7,388 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
wazza

yes I tried that it does not work I get an error message that says email address already exsists. Which of course it does its bloody my email address.

Message 5 of 30 (7,056 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,039
Solutions: 222

wazza wrote:

yes I tried that it does not work I get an error message that says email address already exsists. Which of course it does its bloody my email address.

Do you have multiple TomTom accounts? When trying to change the log-in email adress then the new email that you wish to use to login may not be in use by another TomTom account.

TomTom Latest News - YouTube <> TomTom KeyNote Presentation 2013 - YouTube

Quick Travel Buttons

Navigation System - TomTom GO 500 (2013)
Driving with TomTom ~ Service and Comfort is our secret ~

NavKit

LifeTime Traffic (Smartphone)
LifeTime Maps (Europe)

MyDrive Connect Support Application
TomTom Discussions - User Agreement

Signature originally created by Stefan

Message 6 of 30 (7,045 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,039
Solutions: 222

TomTomDon wrote:

This is a simple one: how to change the email address log-on credentials?  I have a new email address, so how do I update my TomTom HOME account?  BTW: Has anyone noticed the TomTom home page for assistance, the "contact us" link is broken, and has been for six weeks?  You can enter a question, but if you hit submit, nothing happens other than "error on page" from IE.

TomTomDon

Broken contact us link: This may be a error in internet explorer. Try to use another internet browser:

TomTom Latest News - YouTube <> TomTom KeyNote Presentation 2013 - YouTube

Quick Travel Buttons

Navigation System - TomTom GO 500 (2013)
Driving with TomTom ~ Service and Comfort is our secret ~

NavKit

LifeTime Traffic (Smartphone)
LifeTime Maps (Europe)

MyDrive Connect Support Application
TomTom Discussions - User Agreement

Signature originally created by Stefan

Message 7 of 30 (7,044 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
lankydave

Hi

I have tried to change my email address in the 'my account' section as previously suggested on this forum and get the email error message that it is not the correct format. I checked my spelling and punctuation but still same message.

My assumption is that it won't accept email addresses that include numbers, typically the last two digits of a user's year of birth.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

PS: I have had to use my closed email address to get this far so I guess I will only be able to pick up a response by checking this thread on the forum? Brilliant isn't it, technology.......

Message 8 of 30 (5,582 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
CaptainIG

It will not let me change my email address any suggestions

Message 9 of 30 (5,551 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
usher

Am very confused as when I first registered I used my normal email address to be told that it was already registered,(not by me)

I've tried to change the one I had to use (an old one) in order to register but I keep getting the same messsage.

What do I do?

Message 10 of 30 (5,395 Views)
Please use plain text.