Neophyte Explorer
nuts2004

My Drive not working?

I received he usual message that there are updates waiting. I connected my Go LIve 1005. The web page recognised my device and searched for updates. The My Drive pages said that there were three updates available. I clicked renew and waited...and waited....and waited. Nothing happend for 10 minutes. I tried again....same thing....treid several hours later....same thing. Is there a problem with My Drive?

Message 1 of 186 (4,208 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
TheDoc

Re: My Drive not working?

Same here. Go Live 1005, TomTom bought through Amazon only about two weeks ago. Have you solved the problem? The whole screen/log in has changed appearance and nothing happens when the three updates download option is chosen. Any ideas? The whole gps is becoming non-friendly. Personally, I think TomTom badly and urgently needs to rationalize the huge number of 'available options' - there are so many incompatibilities and so many hardware and software variables, that the whole TomTom gps system has become a quagmire from which only TT will benefit, in the multi-million income generator, be that dollar, peso, gbp, lira, franc, etc etc. Have you solved your "updates available" for your Go Live 1005 and then nothing afterwards? Everything has changed, from login screen to notification of updates.

Message 2 of 186 (4,197 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
nuts2004

no nothing changed yet...waiting for some input from Tom Tom support.....i've had tom tom for many years...had a small one....trouble all the time....and the 1005....machine good except for shocking voice control ....useless...... and stupid way entering addresses. You are right about too many options and models with different this and that...All too clunky. People say that Iphone is so much better.
Message 3 of 186 (4,193 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

[ Edited ]

Hi

I'm using Win 7 32 bit here MyDrive working well IE10 in compatibility mode, FireFox no problems, other users posting Chrome is OK

Try :- TomTom-MyDrive doesn't work

Some more suggestions : Win8 Note bullet point 3a :-  Hopefully they will get you up and running.

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 4 of 186 (4,186 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
nuts2004

If the thing was working before the new web site and it doesn't work now.......then it's Tom Tom that hasn't done its job and now I have too fix a problem not of my making. Sick and tired of Tom crap Tom
Message 5 of 186 (4,148 Views)
Please use plain text.
Niall
Topics: 26
Kudos: 244
Solutions: 56

Belatedly welcome to this user forum 

Try giving customer services a call,  they should be able to check out the status of your subscriptions, and talk you you through getting things sorted.

AUAustralia

1300 135 604

Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

UK & IrelandUSA & CanadaAustralia & New ZealandFranceItaliaDeutschlandNederlandSouth AfricaSloveniaPolska
Device - START 20

App 12.071.1370596.84 (0) (2092, 12/09/2013) 

Map 'Europe' v925.5451 (2/2014)  

MyDriveConnect 3.2.0.1502 (27/03/2014) 

Windows 7 Home 32bit 

Chrome 33.0.1750.117 m

Java SE 7 Update 51

Flash 12,0,0,70

Living in France

Losely based on Stefan's signature

Help others identify useful content :-
- If someone posted something that was helpful?
Click the Kudos button
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 186 (4,144 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Eaglerapids

Same thing here with my 1435, I finally got My Drive to supposedly download the content and now it just sits there at step 2 

at 0% installing content on your device.

Message 7 of 186 (4,121 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
nuts2004

Tom Tom seem to be getting worse. I get a message saying that my subscription for Premium Traffic Cameras has expired but then MY Drive tells me that Premium Traffic Cameras are ready for downloading along with the other usual updates. I unclick the Premium Cameras update in case that was making my download of updates stall but it made no difference.

Yes I will call customer assistance but what a pain in the asre the whole thing continues to be year after year. Confusing information that is different in every country but they don't tell you that...the model number of my machine has been identified as three different types depending which country, so I can never work out if I'm reading about my model or not....same old story...confusion after confusion....and then stuff doesn't work anyway. More money into development instead of marketing Mr Tom Tom.

Message 8 of 186 (4,119 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Eaglerapids wrote:

Same thing here with my 1435, I finally got My Drive to supposedly download the content and now it just sits there at step 2 

at 0% installing content on your device.

Try changing the port in the desktop's MyDrive icon to 5000

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 9 of 186 (4,109 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
TheDoc

Eaglerapids - you assume your readership knows what you're talking about. As basic satnav user of only weeks' experience, changing settings is something 1) beyond my experience and knowledge and 2) something I should NOT need to do, if TomTom were anything like user friendly.

Message 10 of 186 (4,107 Views)
Please use plain text.