Neophyte Explorer
lsebek
Accepted Solution

Downloading the new version that My Tom Tom tells me is available (Version 12.035)

I have a Go 2505 and when I connect to My Tom Tom, I get a message that there is a download waiting for me and eventually, it tells me that the download is something called "Version 12.035".  I select the itemn & click on the download button but nothing seems to happen.  The next time I connect to My Tom Tom, I get the exact same messageLooking at "About my device" on the untiu, it appears that I am running version 11.037.920860.74 and my Map version is v890.4221.  What is the proper procedure for downloading V12.035?

Message 1 of 5 (1,157 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,135
Solutions: 512

Re: Downloading the new version that My Tom Tom tells me is available (Version 12.035)

- Try to disable your antivirus and firewall, use Firefox (or Opera, or Google Chrome), and make sure that your computer is not going into stand-by or similar.
- Clear the cache before each update attempt. Also could do a soft reset before and after the update.
- Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player and Java installed.
- Make sure you have all the latest updates and hotfixes/patches to your OS.
- In case the device looks like hung during the update or the counter stopped, just leave it. It will be fine in a few minutes.
- Check your network connections, make sure that the TT's network adapter is enabled
- Try to uninstall and re-install the MyTomTom application
- Try to use a USB port on the mainboard, rather than a USB hub (desktop PC)

- In case it is not working with Firefox, try other browsers (Opera, Google Chrome)

- Any further issue: Try it on another PC, try it with different USB lead...the shorter the better (below steps are Windows specific)
- Whilst the device connected, remove the drivers from the Device Manager (Windows/Control Panel), DELETE the drivers
- Remove the MyTomTom application and run CCLEANER (will remove your history, cookies, etc by default)

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 5 (1,143 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
lsebek

Re: Downloading the new version that My Tom Tom tells me is available (Version 12.035)

Tried all of those ideas but still no luck...

Message 3 of 5 (1,086 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,040
Solutions: 222

Try to change the internet port number in the myTomTom application:

• Close the internet browser;
  • Click on the myTomTom icon in the system tray;
  • Go to settings;
  • Click on the tab connections;
  • Click in the field with the number 4000;
  • Change the number to 4001 or 5000;
  • Click on save settings;
  • The myTomTom application will close and restart automaticly;
TomTom Latest News - YouTube <> TomTom KeyNote Presentation 2013 - YouTube

Quick Travel Buttons

Navigation System - TomTom GO 500 (2013)
Driving with TomTom ~ Service and Comfort is our secret ~

NavKit

LifeTime Traffic (Smartphone)
LifeTime Maps (Europe)

MyDrive Connect Support Application
TomTom Discussions - User Agreement

Signature originally created by Stefan

Message 4 of 5 (1,073 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
lsebek

Thanks for getting me thinking onin the right direction.  It turned out that I was making two errors when I attempted to download the update:

1) I was trying to perform the download usinog Safari and Chrome instead of the latest version of Firefox

2) I needed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player in Firefox from:  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

After I used those changes, I was able to perform the download and install without any further difficulty:smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 5 (1,039 Views)
Please use plain text.