Apprentice Traveler
walkergeoff

Clear cache

How often should I clear the cache of my Start20?

Message 1 of 5 (1,614 Views)
Please use plain text.
Bogi
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 42

Re: Clear cache

I guess you are talking about the cache of MyTomTom ? If so, only if you have problems and need to completely redownload content you already have downloaded but couldn't properly be installed.

Apprentice Traveler
walkergeoff

Thanks for the reply.  I got my Start 20 and there was a problem with the download (corrupt Speed Camera file according to Tech support).  They told me to clear cache on the My TomTom but I did think it was a cache on the TomTom.  Thanks for letting me know that it is actually a cache related to the My TomTom software and that I don't need to do it again.

Message 3 of 5 (1,609 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
colliemac

having difficulty having my computer recognize my device. wanted to clear cache but don't know how.

Message 4 of 5 (521 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

If you have a Nav 3 device, it's done by clicking on the desktop's icon for MyTomTom-->settings-->cache-->clear cache and save the settings.

But, if you do have a Nav 3 device (or even a Nav 2 device that uses Home 2), try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button for about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

What device do you have?

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 5 (518 Views)
Please use plain text.