New Traveler
ShonaCollins

System not configured, please connect diag tool

I have the Renault Megane  with the built in car navigation system. Yesterday the system was reset to factory settings, and still worked perfectly. Today I switched on the car, and it came up with the hour glass, then blank, then system not configured, please connect diag tool.

I have taken the SD card out, connected to home, and everything was fine on it. Followed some advice on the forum, and reset everything, re-installed etc, but still the same problem. Not sure what else to do, any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 15 (2,978 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
TommyfromFinlan

Re: System not configured, please connect diag tool

Hi

I have the same problem. I must take my car for service because of this. 

A shame that no one had an easy answer. :smileysad:

A bug in the factory settings that appears when the car changes owner...

Message 2 of 15 (2,816 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,393
Solutions: 554

Not sure this would work on yours, but what can you loose...

1. Save everything from the device, using Explorer (or Finder on Mac), include all the files (hidden as well). It is also known as a manual backup: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13354/

2. Then format the internal storage (or memory card, depending which one you use) of your device. Use the COMPLETE format, not the quick. http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12412/

3. Go to TT HOME, Manage my "DEVICE", delete everything from the hard drive and try the update again (in the new TomTom HOME app it is on the second page). At this point you might have to disconnect the device a few times and switch it ON/OFF to enable it to setup some important stuff.

4. Copy your voices and post codes back to the device (also the maps if that didn't download either).

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 3 of 15 (2,814 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
TommyfromFinlan

I formatted the sd-card and let TomTom Home install everything again, but it didn´t help.

TT Home does not recognize the card (can´t manage the device) if it wasn´t initialized first in the cars system, and after that every installation were succesful.

Well, I take my car for service on tuesday anyway, and I suppose the guarantee takes care of the costs.    

Hopefully some software update is coming and resets less in the future than it does now. The function is now like a self destruction button. Funny though, the system didn´t stop working immediately after reseting it, so it leaves a doubt of what really caused the problem.   

I wonder also why the more accurat gps-speed is not available to prove my passengers that I´m not speeding at all when driving 5 km/h faster than the speedlimit. But I noticed that there is an another thread for that shortcoming. 

Message 4 of 15 (2,801 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Povl

Same happens to me. What is the solution?

Message 5 of 15 (2,532 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
TommyfroFinland

For me "connect diag tool" ment an appointment at the Renault Service. Luckily with no charge, the manufacturers guarantee took care of that. There wasn´t anything I could have done by myself. Not even the radio display works when you think you only reset the user settings, so it is not only the TomTom that stops working...

Message 6 of 15 (2,522 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
MikkoK

Hi all,

This issue can be caused by a couple of different scenarios.

There was a software issue reported last December causing this issue. A fix was released in the application version 9.845 in January.

The issue can also be cause by a corrupt map. In this case it can be solved by re-downloading the map [suppport FAQ Re-download map]. Please, make sure you have a map download on your account. If you don't, please contact Customer Service.

Formatting Carminat is done a bit differently than other devices. Here's how you should do it:

STEP 1 Format the sd card

- Insert the sd card into the card reader of you computer.
- Open My Computer; you will see the sd card as a removable disk drive.
- Right click on the sd card drive and choose 'Format' (Please make sure the file format is FAT32 and that quick format is NOT selected)

On a Mac:-
- On a Mac, you can format the disk via 'Disk Utility', Select the TomTom drive and select 'MS DOS File System' and press erase.
- After the Format has completed, please disconnect your TomTom device from your computer. It will now have a red cross on the screen.

STEP 2 Removing the old software

- Open the TomTom Home software
- Log in to your account with your email address and password for your TomTom account.
- On Page 2 of TomTom HOME, click on ‘Manage My TomTom -> Items on Computer’
- Tick the option for ‘Applications’
- Tick the option for ‘Voices’
- Click on ‘Remove Selected Items’

STEP 3 Activate the sd card in the Carminat

- Insert the sd card into your Carminat device and start the car
- Wait until the device gives you a No Maps Found message and turn off the car.
- Wait for five seconds before removing the sd card from the Carminat

STEP 4 Install the Application/Voices

- Insert the sd card into your computer´s sd card reader and THEN turn it on
- HOME will now search for updates automatically. If not please click on “Update my Device”
- A list of updates should appear. If there is a TomTom application (with the green puzzle piece icon) and a voice, please ensure any other updates are unticked
- Click on 'Update and Install'
- Once complete click on Done
- Repeat STEP 3 after every TomTom Application installation
- Repeat STEP 4 to install any further Application updates until no more application updates are offered

STEP 5 Install the Map

- Please, follow the instructions at http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15227 to download you map again.

Your TomTom device should now be up and running with your map installed, and all corruption will have been removed from the device. If you still get a No Maps Found message, please repeat steps 4 and 5.

Should you still be experiencing the looping issue, please contact Customer Service.

Cheers, Mikko

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 7 of 15 (2,470 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
richiemalia

Hi,

Did you manage to get a fix for this.

Were the Renault Garage able to help and get it reconfigured.

I have a Grand Scenic - done exactly the same after I also factory reset the thing.

Many Thanks

Richie

Message 8 of 15 (1,458 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
richiemalia

Spoiler

Hi,

Did you manage to get a fix for this.

Were the Renault Garage able to help and get it reconfigured.

I have a Grand Scenic - done exactly the same after I also factory reset the thing.

Many Thanks

Richie

Message 9 of 15 (1,455 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
TommyfroFinland

Yes, and there was no cost for me thanks to the warranty.

I have not tested if the software has been fixed...

Message 10 of 15 (1,443 Views)
Please use plain text.