Master Traveler
nivan

Speed warning on Renault Megane Tom Tom

I have a Renault Megane 2011 model built in Tom Tom. I have set up the speed warning sound but it never gives a warning when exceeding the speed limit. Is there any setting that must be changed or added.

Message 1 of 8 (1,201 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Pebz12

Re: Speed warning on Renault Megane Tom Tom

Have you made sure the voice and sound is activated on the device in general?  

Message 2 of 8 (1,188 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
nivan

Well the navigation works and the voice commands for directions work, in fact everything else works, just no warnings when exceeding the speed limit.

Message 3 of 8 (1,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
S14PP3R

mine is the same NO voice or sound it just flashes

Message 4 of 8 (1,157 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Explorer
Tallpaul28

You need to set this option in SAFETY PREFERENCES. You can get there by going to Menu, Change Preferences, Safety Preferences.

Message 5 of 8 (1,113 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
nivan

I have done that, chosen the warning sound byte, volume etc. but still get no warning...

Message 6 of 8 (1,109 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Explorer
Tallpaul28

I set mine yesterday to see if it works. I have a Megane Coupe 3 months old with the Carminat TomTom Live, I suspect the same as yours. I ticked the box in Safety Preferences to warn me when exceeding the speed limit and chose the warning sound.

It worked for me and the alert went off, first time 6 MPH above the speed limit and then about every 20 seconds after.

To be honest this would be such a pain that I would never have this option switched on. You already get a visual display of exceeding the speed limit as the icon flashes on the TomTom display. Having the audio warning would be very annoying every 15-20 seconds if driving just a few MPH above the speed limit. - Are you really sure you want it?

My megane has a speed limiter switch in the car, separate from TomTom. I hardly ever use that either, but you could always set that to a certain speed if you're worried about driving too fast. Of course you can only set 1 speed.

Message 7 of 8 (1,101 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
nivan

Hi I don't have Tom Tom Live. Perhaps that is the reason it does not warn of overspeeding. I also don't get a flashing icon.

Message 8 of 8 (1,051 Views)
Please use plain text.