Neophyte Traveler
Ostan

Re: Fiat 500 - Blue &Me 2 Live Problems pairing

Hi, I had the same problem connecting my TomTom2 with my new Abarth.  The problem is with the TomTom.  You need to update its software.  Go to TomTom Support Application and download their update for the TomTom.  I did and mine works fine now.  

Message 21 of 43 (4,339 Views)
Please use plain text.
LAB
Apprentice Traveler
LAB

Having the same problems.

Have just bought a fiat 500 twin air lounge. Husband bought a blue&me tomtom 2 live from the fiat site. Unfortunately the car sales man forgot to mention that the 68R docking port was a factory fitted option! Hey ho, port only supplies power so it should still work? Cannot get it to pair, Car says 'welcome tomtom' but tomtom says connection fails!

Any suggestions anyone?

Message 22 of 43 (4,301 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Abarth

My new Abarth will not pair with my Samsung cell phone, but hooked right up with my wife's iPhone 4S, which of course does me absolutely no good! For a number of years I've found that Bluetooth sucks when it comes to pairing with any cell phone I've ever owned!

Message 23 of 43 (4,200 Views)
Please use plain text.
TomTom Employee
TT_rodj

[ Edited ]

Hi LAB,

I was browsing the discussion forum and I saw your post. Sorry I have not seen it earlier.

I think I can help you solving your problem.

First thing to try is the following:

1. Factory reset the TomTom (settings -> Factory reset (it is one menu page to the left))

2. Delete all users from the Fiat's Blue&Me (press Main button on steering wheel, then up to settings, select User Data and delete users).

Now try to pair the system again.

If this doesn't work, you will also have to go to the dealer and have them reset the Blue&Me (at your own risk you can do this yourself by unplugging the ground from the cars battery for about 30 seconds).

Hope this helps you.

Enjoy your Fiat and TomTom!

“I work for TomTom but the views expressed here are my own.”
Message 24 of 43 (4,196 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
satellite

[ Edited ]

@LAB 

I'm having the same exact problem as you. I have a US 2012 Abarth that did not come with the factory port for the navigation option, but was under the impression it was only power to the TomTom (as it connects through Bluetooth)

I was able to pair my phone with my Blue & Me system and then pair my phone with the TomTom....but CANNOT get the TomTom to pair with the Blue & Me system for the hat trick.  It does say "Welcome" and then shows "Blue & Me TomTom" (or something like that) on my Abarth's display like yours did, so I know it's at least recognizing the device, but then never actually pairs.

I have updated all needed TomTom software according to the website.

I'll keep you posted on what I find, but please let me know if you guys figure anything out as well.

Message 25 of 43 (4,171 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
satellite

[ Edited ]

@TT_rodj

First off, I do appreciate you being on here and answering questions. Thank you!

I have tried the steps above with the same result. You have mentioned a few times in here about the Abarth not being able to connect with the Blue & Me at all? If it's a 2012 US Abarth and they did offer the factory option, it should work fine, correct? Even without the factory port for the TomTom?  Can you confirm that the port was system a means to charge/power the device?

Message 26 of 43 (4,165 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
teebol

For the hat trick, go to http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx?brand=fiat&lang=en and download the v. 6 update. All works after that! 

Message 27 of 43 (4,154 Views)
Please use plain text.
TomTom Employee
TT_rodj

@satellite,

I am not a Blue&Me expert, nor am I a Fiat car seller. Meaning, I don't know what is available when not having the myPort.

I do know there are a lot of different Blue&Me versions available (only a few can connect with TomTom).

Maybe you can try the suggestion of Teebol, but I don't know if it will work.

Please visit your Fiat reseller, maybe he can help you if it doesn't work.

“I work for TomTom but the views expressed here are my own.”
Message 28 of 43 (4,151 Views)
Please use plain text.
LAB
Apprentice Traveler
LAB

Thanks for the replies.

Tried all those and still no joy.

Tempted to go to Version 6 but ..........

If and when I get the time I will try going back to the dealer and perhaps try the TomTom on a different car but as far as I can see I have a useless £300 device sitting in a drawer!

Message 29 of 43 (4,091 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
nex2013

Hi, I have the same problems, how can they come up with such a complex system? Last time I am buying a TomTom and last time I by Fiat!

Message 30 of 43 (3,696 Views)
Please use plain text.