Novice Explorer
teebol

Re: Fiat 500 - Blue &Me 2 Live Problems pairing

Thanks for the info. Is there any way to fix this? I'd like Abarth to come up with something...

Message 11 of 43 (1,633 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
Renowned Trailblazer
bt2

I don't know what Abarth/Fiat plan to do about the missing code for Abarth models unfortunately.

It does seem an incredible oversight but someday perhaps they will get round to it.

Message 12 of 43 (1,631 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
teebol

I'm shocked, frankly. It's worth no more than a regular GPS without the Blue&Me integration! I'm out 350€ and could have just used my phone...
Message 13 of 43 (1,629 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
Renowned Trailblazer
bt2

Have you contacted Abarth?

When you purchased the Tom Tom did you say it was for an Abarth or were you told it was suitable for Abarth?

If so, ask for your money back.

Although you do get a rather nifty cradle to hold the unit.

And don't call me Frankly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Message 14 of 43 (1,626 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
teebol

In fact, I purchased the Abarth branded GPS with telemetry but had major issues with it resetting while driving and losing the connection. I returned it to Abarth (Neubauer, in Paris) which gave me the Tomtom Live 2 in exchange and said that "it won't work with your phone" but didn't mention that Blue&Me wouldn't work either...I feel ripped off but what can I do? I wish that someone at Abarth or Tomtom would read this thread and come up with a workaround. What a joke. 

Message 15 of 43 (1,613 Views)
Please use plain text.
TomTom Employee
TT_rodj

Hi Teebol,

I regret that you have been put into this situation.

I got some inside information on Abarth Blue&Me. Due to software limitations it is not possible to connect a TomTom device to the Abarth Blue&Me.

We hope in future this will be different.

My advise to you would be to go back to your dealer and work it out with them. I don't know if they are aware of the limitation though, so maybe they should query at Fiat France.

“I work for TomTom but the views expressed here are my own.”
Message 16 of 43 (1,598 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
Renowned Trailblazer
bt2

I agree, confirming my thoughts.

If the problem is your phone, will it pair with the car's blue & me?

I still think the mounting you have is far better than the generic one supplied with normal Tom Toms.

Message 17 of 43 (1,591 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
VictorG

That does not make any sense to me.

Communication between the PND and the car is done wirelessly through BT, so it is just a matter of software on both sides, right?

we all should be able to update both the pnd and the car´s blue&me software, right? so where is the problem? 

on the other side,  are you telling me that Fiat was selling a tomtom blue&me pack for 2009´s and 2010´s Fiat 500 that was unable to pair with the car?? only navigator and dock with no blue/me at all?

no sense to me

Message 18 of 43 (1,451 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Ostan

Hi everyone,

I drove my new gray Abarth home August 8, 2012 with the factory installed TomTom 2 navigation device.  I was able to successfully "pair" the nav device with Blue & Me without a problem.  When the TomTom started running, it kept saying  "waiting for satellite signal".  I thought how odd, the TomTom is having problems receiving signals.  Is it because of where I live, the weather or some obstruction somewhere?  I'm a newbie when it comes to navigation devices so I just  let it go and may be the TomTom will fix itself.  Well it DIDN'T.  So on the 3rd day after bringing my new Abarth home, I finally decided to look into why my TomTom wasn't receiving satellite signals.  I spent about 5-6 hours researching TomToms and learning about this technology then searched the internet googling "waiting for satellite signal".  Although it took many hours researching the problem, it took only 10 minutes to fix.  Apparently, my TomTom2 had to have its "inards" updated from the website MyTomTom Support Application.  Once my TomTom was updated, it has been smooth sailing ever since.  I love it.  YES, it took a lot of reading on my part but what the hell, it was worth it.  I learned so much.  I love my Abarth.  

Message 19 of 43 (1,192 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Ostan

Hi, saw your post. I had the same problem. You need to update your TomTom. Go to TomTom Support Application and download their update. I have a gray Abarth that I drove home 4 Days ago and I absolutely LOVE IT.
Message 20 of 43 (1,192 Views)
Please use plain text.