New Traveler
markhig2

Carminat Connection problems with Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Samsung galaxy s3 phone and I cannot get it to connect to my tomtom carminat in my renault megane.

The carminat doesn't see my device even when my device is set as discoverable.The galaxy s3 is not on the supported list but neither was my iphone when I got it and it worked no problem.

I have updated my carminat but still no joy.

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Message 1 of 16 (7,216 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
nicknox

Re: Carminat Connection problems with Samsung Galaxy S3

I had no problem connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 to the Carminat TomTom system.   The My_Radiosat became discoverable to my phone as soon as I enabled the connection within the car - pin code entered - success!

Alan

Message 2 of 16 (7,096 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
lnwlf603

hi im having simmiler trouble i have a 61 plate clio my phone connects but wont allow use of hands free facilatys but will play music if anyone could help shed some light on the issue that would be great

Message 3 of 16 (6,989 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
Troubadix12

[ Edited ]

Hello,

as I know, there are special behaviour with the energy-save- and security-functions (especially in some android 2.3.5 (and up) and 4.x Smart-Phones) that belongs to the bluetooth-function.

There are two connections between the Smart-Phone and the Car-Radio.

First the bluetooth-radio-connection for the recognition and authorisation of the Smartphone (for joining, is always connected).

The Second is the data-connection over bluetooth, wich would be disconnected for energy-saving-reason outside a phonecall.

The Car-Radio cannot bring up the Data-Connection by itself (security-reason).

Therefore, if you first call your phone partner with your smart-Phone and if he take on the call, you can take it to the car radio. The same on incoming calls... First accept it on your phone, then you can pick it from you car radio.

This is of course not practicable while driving your car. To solve this you can change your Phone to a Phone in the Compatibility-List (maybe switch to german side, if you don't find Carminat) belong to your Radiosat or hope and wait if Renault can solve this with a firmware-upgrade for the Radiosat.

This is not a TomTom-problem.

hope this helps

Regards

Troubadix12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom Carminat Live 2012 im Renault Kangoo 2012
!!! Bis auf weiteres überwiegend nicht in Benutzung !!!
NavCore: 9.883
Karte: Europe 930.5604
Live-Dienste bis Juni 2015
TTHome 2.9.8.3423
Medion 8GB microSDHC-Card im SD-Adapter

Navigationsgerät eines Drittherstellers, dessen Name nicht genannt werden darf, 6350 Live mit Upgrade auf 70 Premium Live
Karte: Europe Q1-2014 Live-Dienste bis Juni 2016 (Ein Jahr kostenlos dazu wegen fehlender Google-Suche)

Der Trend geht zum Zweit-Navi ;-)

Win8.1Pro 64Bit, FF 31.0
Message 4 of 16 (6,825 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
alchemist2001

Im having problems connecting my Samsung Galaxy s3 to my Via 135,

The phone is recognised and displayed on the Via 135 and the phone shows the Via as an available device but when I enter the code 0000 to pair the units it wont connect.

Earlier Galaxy phones are listed as compatable - is there a problem with the new Galaxy s3

Message 5 of 16 (6,633 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Wayfarer
Dreamep

I have a similar issue with my 2012 Laguna Carminat TomTom Live. S3 would connect, but will keep disc. and reconnecting every few seconds - thus stopping music and phone bluetooth connection is useless. However it works well with S1 with CyanogenMod 9.0.. Hopefully S3 JellyBean update will fix the issue, if not - CyanogenMod 10.

Message 6 of 16 (6,488 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
Troubadix12

Hello together,

@alchemist2001: you are in the wrong Category on the wrong thread. The Tom Tom Via 135 isn't a Built-In-Navigation.

In this Threat we are talking about error while trying to connect Mobile Phones to the Build-In-Radio/-Navigation in cars via Bluetooth.

Regards

Troubadix12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TTHome 2.9.8.3423

Navigationsgerät eines Drittherstellers, dessen Name nicht genannt werden darf, 6350 Live mit Upgrade auf 70 Premium Live
Karte: Europe Q1-2014 Live-Dienste bis Juni 2016 (Ein Jahr kostenlos dazu wegen fehlender Google-Suche)

Win8.1Pro 64Bit, FF 31.0
Message 7 of 16 (6,480 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
AJ1623

I'm also having problems connecting my TomTom Via 135 to my Galaxy S3 - the phone recognises the TomTom and pairs with the device, but the TomTom doesn't recognise the Galaxy S3 !  Is it a matter of time before it will or will it never be able to pair?

Message 8 of 16 (5,955 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Wayfarer
Dreamep

There has been update for TomTom for Carminat Live. I'll be testing if that would fix S3 problems.

Message 9 of 16 (5,942 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
Troubadix12

Hello AJ1623,

welcome to the TomTom-Forum :smileyhappy:

read my previous posting ...

you're in the wrong Forum-Category, because the Via 135 isn't a BuildIn-Car Navigation. It isn't permanently fitted to the Car and isn't a combined Unit with the Radio.

Regards

Troubadix

TTHome 2.9.8.3423

Win8.1Pro 64Bit, FF 31.0
Message 10 of 16 (5,922 Views)
Please use plain text.